Where had I heard it before?

From my body's reaction, I don't think it was good. Why though?

He hugs me tighter, if that's even possible. He whispers sweet nothings in my ear that I'm ok and safe and stuff until I calm down again.

"Can you tell me your name?" Mommy asks. I suddenly get shy and whisper in fa- I mean daddy's ear.

I have to think for a second. A name pops into my head and I choose it as mine.

"Alina."

"Alina," he echos. "What a beautiful name." I blush again.

"Allie." Mommy tests the name on her tongue. "Can we call you Allie?" I like the sound of that and nod my head quickly with a big smile. This causes her to smile too.

"Are you hungry princess?" I nod.

It feels like I haven't eaten in forever, I'm starving!

Daddy hands me back over to mommy and says he's gonna 'call the boys'. Who are the boys?

"What do you want to eat sweetheart? Soup? It's pretty cold outside."

I don't think I've had soup before, but I nod. I'm excited to try it, especially if mommy made it.

I'm sitting on top of the counter while mommy is making the soup. We've been talking about a lot of important things. I've discovered her favorite color is green, she loves giraffes because they 'have a big heart and stand above the rest', and a bunch of other stuff.

(AN: my mom's favorite animal is a giraffe and she always told me that)

Just then I hear a ding and hear a booming voice go:
"Where is she?!"

Five boys, more like men actually, quickly enter the large room. They look around until their eyes settle on me; they freeze.

What is with people doing that today?

The boys are scaring me. They're really big and their eyes are dark and their gaze is hard. One of them steps forward and I flinch, bracing for impact.

Why does this keep on happening?

I feel a pair of soft, gentle hands on my shoulders. Mommy. I look back at the boys and there's hurt and worry in their eyes.

Daddy walks in and picks me up, "Princess, I want you to meet your brothers."

Brothers. No. No!

My breath hitches and my heart starts to beat faster. I feel the darkness coming and I embrace it.

"ALINA!" is the last thing I hear.

I'm on the floor in a cold, concrete room. Two huge men stand over me. My head feels like a stampede of elephants is raging inside. My body is covered in blood; my blood. The two guys have big grins on their faces; their fists also have my blood on them. They hurt me. They hurt me bad.

"Why are you hurting me? I listened to the rules like you said!"

*hit

"Shut up! Pain makes you stronger, you ungrateful brat! This is for your own good Alina. Take it."

"We hurt you because we are your brothers. That's what family does, help each other."

I feel someone gently stroking my head. I'm surrounded by warmth. I groan and I'm immediately taken into someone's arms. I flinch and try to get away, but I'm only pulled in closer. It's mommy. I begin to cry; ignoring my mind's command not to, but I do it anyway.

"Don't send me back there! Don't send me back there, please! They'll hurt me again!" I say between sobs. "I'll be a good girl I promise!"

"It's ok, it's ok. I'm here. You're safe. You're loved. You got out of there. Those bad people will never be able to hurt you again." She says in a soothing voice.

The door softly opens and daddy steps through. I lift my arms, asking him to hold me. I like his hugs a lot. He's definitely a teddy bear but won't say it.

Daddy keeps on whispering that I'm ok and safe in my ear. I actually think he's saying it more for himself though.

Why are these people so good to me? I literally met them a few hours ago. Yet they've fed me, hugged, and comforted me. They've been gentle and kind too. This feeling is so foreign to me.

I like these people a lot. Like a lot a lot.

I can't remember much from before I woke up earlier, but thar flashback has given me all I need to know about it. I'm happy they found me. I want to stay like this forever.

Once again, I embrace the darkness. But it's different than before. It's peaceful and warm. I fall asleep in my dad's arms with a smile on my face. I feel him kiss my head and gently lay me on the bed.

"Goodnight princess."