Chapter 4 | A Rollercoaster of Emotions

You were a little nervous as you climbed into mine-cart, but you got used to it quickly. Dream, Techno, and Jinjen climbed in after you. You looked back at Jinjen with a brave smile on your face. They smiled too as they pressed the button to start up the mine-cart.

The engine of the cart started up and began to move forward. It was slow at first, but the mine-cart slowly got faster and faster; It was like a very fun rollercoaster!

"Ugh, really Y/n?" Dream said sarcastically as he moved your hair out of his face. You giggled when he said that. You didn't mean to get your hair in his face, but the speed of the mine-cart was too strong.

"Ha ha! This is so much fun!" You screamed. You had to scream because of how loud it was. You turned your head to see Dream and Techno smiling at you; Jinjen was too focused on making sure everything was running smoothly to notice you three smiling at each other.

"I know, right? I'm loving this!" Dream said happily. Techno nodded in response as he pulled up his hair into a ponytail. He had very long hair and a lot of it. From this position, it looked very soft. He looked a lot nicer now that you got to know him. You were turning your head when saw something from the corner of your eye. You were a bit skeptical, but you didn't mind. You looked forward into the darkness until . . you saw something.

"Uh, Jinjen . . what's that?" You asked, a bit nervous. You pointed to the figure you saw, shaking. Jinjen turned towards you to see what you were talking about, but they saw nothing.

"What's what, Y/n?" Jinjen asked a little bit confused.

"What do you see?" Jinjen smiled with curiosity as their turned back to the remote they held.

"I saw . . something," You said in defeat. Dream looked up at you smirking.

"Was it a ghost?" He said, jokingly. You punched him softly on the arm when he said that. Knowing Wilbur exists as a ghost, that wasn't really something to joke about. You looked at him angrily but you got cut off by a loud thud.

"Uh, what was that?" Techno said confused as his left hand headed for his sword. Dream ducked his head into mine-cart so he couldn't be seen. You looked towards the darkness and then at Jinjen.

"Um, it appears we have, unexpectedly, come to a stop," They answered using "fancy talk". You rolled your eyes when they did that, but you were confused on why you had stopped.

"Why did we st-" You tried to talk but something stopped you. You, Dream, and Techno heard a loud groan and you all turned around quickly. You were met hundreds of ghosts. Dream's theory, the railway system probably being haunted, was confirmed. Your eyes widened in fear.

"Jinjen, start up the mine-cart now!" Techno said, trying to get their attention quickly.

"What, why?" They asked looking up at Techno. You, Dream, and Techno pointed to the ghosts at the same time. Jinjen slowly turned around.

"Oh," They said calmly, but they were frantically struggling to press the button. Finally, it worked and they were off. Unfortunately for them, the ghosts followed close behind. I guess speed isn't really their weakness.

You four were going faster than ever, but the ghosts were still on your tail. This whole time Dream had been hiding in the bottom of the mine-cart. Techno noticed and he was definitely not going to let that slide.

"Get up here, you baby!" Techno screamed angrily at Dream as he pulled him up by his hood. Dream, instead of going back down, pulled the strings on his hoodie so everything was out of his sight. I guess he was just hiding from all of his responsibilities.

"Jinjen, you didn't tell us this place was haunted!" You screamed at them, a bit annoyed.

"I thought you knew! It's old and abandoned, what did you expect?" They said, screaming back at you. You rolled your eyes and turned towards the front.