Chapter 2 /Office hours/

Third person pov-

"OJ is asking for you to meet him by the stage."
Knife said with an obviously irritated voice.
Paper never understood why Knife acted like he hated him, they were close friends when Knife was first hired then suddenly their friendship just broke a part.

"A- alight I'll be there in a sec" Paper said quietly earning a scoff from the other, however, nothing else was said Knife just left.
Paper sighed and looking at his messy desk. "I guess I'll finish this after." He said to himself before walking out the door.

He was nervous about the meeting with OJ.

He never asks to speak with Paper alone anymore unless he was getting in trouble for some unknown reason.
Paper closed the door with a soft click and stared down the Hall. It seemed much darker that normal so he assumed one of the lightbulbs went out.
He just ignored it and walked down to meet OJ. Adjusting his tie whenever he had the chance. He was soon met with a door at the end of the hall quite close to the door that lead to the main area.
A shiny sign with the words "Stage area" was on it. Paper looked at the sign for a second before stepping in. The room was much warmer than the "backstage" hallway however that didn't quite slip Paper's mind. He looked from right to left in search of the Glass getting more concerned not seeing him.

What if he doesn't want to see me..? Or what if he got hurt!?

Papers thoughts flooded his mind. Paper had always been he type to worry over little things, it was honestly a surprise OJ was capable of dealing with it. However just as Paper was about to run out to search for OJ he bumped into someone.
"Woah! Careful bud you could've hurt one of us." The voice said, which Paper immediately recognized as OJ's. "Well where were you?! You can't just sneak up on someone like that!!" Paper said defensive.
"Correction, I have been trying to get your attention this whole time." OJ said frustratingly.
Paper must have had his jaw dropped because OJ rolled his eyes and began to speak. "Well first of all apologies.. Salt was trying to find me to ask me on another date so, I had to get here without her noticing and secondly I just felt like we needed to chat Paper." Paper hadn't realized till now how much more serious OJ began to speak it was almost threatening.
"Uhm.. about what..?" Paper said cautiously. "Well one you were kind of late today but.. it is mostly because it has just been a while since we've chatted like this" OJ said adjusting his tie.

Yeah I wonder why...

Paper thought then smiled at his friend. "Oh don't worry OJ! It is perfectly fine, I understand running a casino must be a lot of work.. Besides I promised I would help you I wouldn't want to be a reason running it is harder." Paper said as reassuringly as he could earning a small chuckle from the Glass.
"Thanks Paper I knew you would understand." OJ said before turning towards the door before pausing.
"Oh by the way.. You gonna come out to the guest area today? It'd be nice to hang out with you today."
Paper thought "Maybe, I have some paperwork and bills to do but, if I have time sure!" Paper said with a smile earning a smile from the glass.

After OJ walked out Paper was left alone he sighed not quite realizing why he was still in the room so he to walked to the door.

Once Paper was back to his office he looked down at the mess on his desk. Paper noticed piles and piles of paperwork and groaned. This would take a while but his hope was to be done to go and spend time with OJ. He grabbed a pen and immediately started on his work.

✨️Time skip✨️

Paper finished the last paperwork and smiled in relief. He got done decently early and was going to be able to hang out with OJ.
He had pretty much jump out of his seat and ran to the door happily walking through the hall.
Paper then opened the door to the guest area and once it was open his smile turned into a confused look.
Everyone was surrounding a poker table and out of curiosity he went towards the rush.
Once he got infront of the crowd he saw OJ sitting at one end of the table while some mysterious figure was on the other side.

But something was wrong...

OJ looked somewhat stressed? This shocked Paper as OJ had never lost a poker game not once in his years of playing.
Suddenly being snapped out of his thought the mysterious person lifted the hand towards OJ's side of the table.
Paper didn't understand what was going on however suddenly a bright light flashed at OJ causing Paper's heart of drop as he yelled out for him.

Everything went dark.

Paper shot up in a cold sweat.
He was trying to process everything when he realized it was just and dream. He tried to calm himself down he hated all these dreams about OJ. None of them made sense to him.
He suddenly groaned and looked around to see how much work he had left to do.
He realized his whole desk was cleared and the only thing left was a note next to him.
He grabbed the note and saw a familiar looking handwriting he decided to skim through the note.

"𝐻𝑒𝓎 𝒫𝒶𝓅𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝑜𝓇𝓇𝓎 𝐼 𝒸𝒶𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑜 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝑜𝒻𝒻𝒾𝒸𝑒, 𝓈𝒶𝓌 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓈𝓁𝑒𝑒𝓅. 𝐼 𝒶𝓂 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓉𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝐼 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒾𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒪𝒥'𝓈 𝑜𝒻𝒻𝒾𝒸𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊! 𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓈𝓁𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝐼 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝒽𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝑜 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝒸𝒶𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉,
-𝒮𝑜𝒶𝓅 ♡"
(Translation!: Hey Paper sorry I came into your office, saw you were asleep. I am pretty sure you were done so I just delivered it to OJ's office for you! Please get more sleep though I would hate for you to get caught,
-Soap ♡)

Paper smiled and sighed, he folded the note and put it aside then went to check his phone for the time. Before he could even check the time however he was met with message notifications from OJ, which he decided to open.

O- Hey I guess you couldn't make it today :(

O- Soap told me you were busy of smth and to leave you alone for it bit so yeah-

O- Oh yeah uh- whenever you see this can you please join me tomorrow? I have a big poker game sometime at 5:30 pm and I would like to have a best friend there to support me!

Paper kept staring at the message before suddenly snapping out of his trance. He decided to check the time before responding.

"Huh? It is only- 8:05PM!? HOLY HECK THE LAST BUS COMES IN LIKE 10 MINUTES"

He grabbed everything he could and ran out. The casino typically closes at 12am however OJ never stayed that late he would leave around 7:30pm so it wasn't a surprise OJ's office was dark.
Paper ran down the hallways and scurried as fast he could through the guest area.
Once he got out he saw the bus and quickly rushed to it.
Once he entered he flopped on the seat to catch his breath.
After a good 10 minutes of this he finally calmed down and took out his phone seeing he has yet to reply to OJ. He smiled and chuckled at the message.

P- Hii OJ sorry I am replying so late!! Busy day augh!! :((

P- I'd love to be there with you tomorrow! Taken if I don't have work heh heh..

Paper hit send and lifted his head up and sighed.
He felt the bus stop and got up.

He got off a walked his way home.
It wasn't completely dark, however, the light of the sun would have definitely been preferable. Paper never enjoyed walking alone in the dark however it's a fear of his that became less and less noticeable the longer he did it.
He eventually made it home and unlocked his door and went to prepare himself for bed once he had finished he laid on his bed to suddenly hear a quite ding come from his phone.

O- Yay!! I'll make sure to give you no work tomorrow dw! :)

Paper smiled. And began typing back.

P- Can't wait!

And with that he fell asleep.