EPILOGUE

6 YEARS LATER...

I jumped off my pony and tied it up to the familiar fence that I remember all too well. I looked at that same green, circle door with a golden knob in the centre. It feels good to be home. "Me next!" My youngest, Nynx, reached out his arms for his father to lift him off the horse. "Alright here we go. 3...2...1!" He groaned as he lifted Nynx off the pony and onto the floor. I smiled at my three children giggling with their father.

Turns out my first child was not my last. As soon as we laid eyes on our child we knew we wanted a big family, bursting with love and laughter. And that's exactly what we got. My eldest, Ash, then Amber and finally my youngest, Nynx.
Amber has the same blond hair as Fili and his piercing blue orbs, Ash has Kili's dark wavy hair which he always has to tie back, and finally Nynx, he has jet-black hair that falls onto his face which he has to keep on pushing out his face. They are all the spitting image of Kili and I.

It's been around 6 years since I have come home. Turns out having three kids is a lot harder than Kili and I both expected and we've barely had time to do anything.
It's Bilbo's birthday so everyone is coming to celebrate and he will get to see all his grandchildren again which he hasn't seen since they were babies before he left to come home.

"Have you all got your bags?" I asked whilst taking Amber's small hand. "Yep!" They all called back.
I opened the gate and prepared myself as I walked up the steps. Just as I reached out to the door handle, I hesitated. "You okay?" Kili asked from behind me. I turned around to see Ash on his shoulders whilst holding onto his hair as a grip.
"Yep, just nervous."

"Why are you nervous?" Amber looked up at me with her big blue eyes. "Well it's been a few years since mummy's been home and seen grandpa, but i'm fine, don't worry about me." I assured her.
I turned back to door and wrapped my hand around the cold gold. I twisted the knob and opened it to my hobbit hole that hasn't seemed to change one bit.

"We're here!" I called out. I was startled when Bilbo came running out from the pantry with open arms and a beaming smile. "Grandpa!" The kids called whilst running into Bilbo's arms. Bilbo almost fell back but he luckily caught his balance and squeezed his grandchildren tight. "Oh wow! Look how big you've all gotten!" Bilbo squeezed them tight and didn't let go.

They all eventually pulled away and the three ran into the lounge room where they jumped into his armchair. "Hello dear." Bilbo gave me a welcoming hug. "Hello, father." I squeezed him before releasing. "Kili."
"Bilbo." The two did some sort of hug, it wasn't awkward, but Kili went in for that hug men do whilst Bilbo went in for a more formal greeting with open arms.

"When will the others be here?" I set the children's bags down by the door which were overflowing with God knows what they managed to sneak in after I checked their bags. "They should be here soon, you are all actually very early. Plenty of time to catch up! (Y/N), Kili," Bilbo disappeared into the kitchen "Can I make you a cup of tea?"
"I'll have one!" I called out.

Kili also called back saying he didn't want one before we met the kids in the lounge room arguing over Ash squishing everyone in Bilbo's armchair.
"Hey, hey, don't argue." I sunk into the sofa.
They all continued bickering. I just turned to Kili, completely exhausted from our long journey with three 4 year old kids.

"Ash." Kili warned him with his serious voice.
Ash immediately looked up, scared of the angry side of his father which their rarely saw. He mumbled something under his breath before getting off and sitting in between me and Kili with a groan. He narrowed his eyes at his brother and sister sitting on the chair he couldn't fit onto.

Bilbo shuffled into the room and handed me my tea with a coaster to put on the side table next to me.
"Thank you." I mumbled. I was about to ask Nynx and Amber to get out Bilbo's armchair but Bilbo gave them a red blanket to warm up and sat down in my old armchair. Bilbo began to ask the kids about how they have been lately.