Chapter 3 - Picture Perfect

ابدأ من البداية

"Mhmm," she mumbled.

A silence filled the air for a few seconds, mulling over my decision to attend, knowing full well Rachel would be devastated if she didn't go.

"I mean, we can go," I started the engine of the car, "but will he be there?"

"You mean Daniel." I could almost hear her smile down the phone.

"As in Ricciardo, yes." I laughed and pulled out of the parking space, making my back home.

"He will be there, yes."

Whilst stopping at a red light, I signed, remembering the last encounter I had with Mr Ricciardo. A heavy blush appeared to my complexion.

"I don't know if I can face him Rach." I spoke honestly and pulled off once the lights had turned green.

"Oh come on! It wasn't even that bad." She laughed and I could hear her moving around the house, almost defiantly getting ready to attend a dinner she had already promised we'd attend tonight. "Plus, it's been a week since that happened, so he's probably forgotten."

@amyfox01 posted an Instagram picture

@amyfox01: I'm hungry

Dinner was amazing. The food was to die for. Rachel seemed happy as could be with her new friends, chatting away as she always did.

As I finished my last piece of ravioli and sipped at my wine, I could feel eyes burning into me. I had been avoiding Daniels gaze at all costs, too embarrassed to look at him.

I could tell that the other guys sensed tension between us as they subtly made eye contact with each other whenever a question had been directed at myself or Daniel.

As Rachel, Lando, Mick and George erupted with laughter, a small voice creeped out across from me.

"Can we speak in private please Ame?" His thick Australian accent still prominent from even a whisper.

With my head held by my hand, I nodded and stood up with Daniel. The others, too wrapped up in their conversation, didn't even notice us leave.

Or maybe they wanted us to go so the awkwardness would leave. Either way, they didn't seem bothered whether we were there or not.

I followed Daniel to a private outside area, away from the busy dining area. All that could be heard from here was the cars down the road and any noise from near side bars and restaurants. As it was Monday, it remained fairly quiet.

Daniel placed both hands in his pockets and rocked from side to side.

This was awkward.

"So..." I hinted and watched as he settled his footwork.

"So..." he repeated and moved his arms so they were crossed over his chest.

I let out a frustrated exhale, not reaching a point of conversation, I pulled out my cigarettes and lit one whilst waiting for Daniel to talk.