Mistletoe kiss [Christmas Special]

Start from the beginning

Now, you wanted to be left alone with your thoughts and as always the blonde understood this very well.

"Don't be late to the party!" she says, patting your foot before walking away, and you utter an assent before she closes the door behind you.

Now alone in the room, you shove your face in your hands, huffing heavily. While the game remains forgotten on the TV, you try to think of a way to face Wanda in a few hours.

⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅

In the end you decide to continue acting as usual.

Now that everyone, including Wanda, knows about your feelings, changing the way you treat the witch would only make things awkward between you. So, when you see the brunette entering the party venue, you smile.

"Shouldn't you be on top of the tree, Angel?" You flirt as soon as she approaches you and get a roll of the eyes in response, as usual. "Merry Christmas, Y/n."

"Merry Christmas, Wanda." You respond with a warm smile, to which Wanda easily reciprocates. Before you can get even more lost in the beauty of the girl in front of you, a thought crosses your mind.

"I got you something." You say as you remember, snapping your fingers, and the brunette looks at you in genuine surprise.

You then hold out your hand in front of her and Wanda sees a small white and gold package forming on your palm.

When the object is completely ready, the brunette takes it in her hands, and you smile as she opens it. "I hope you like it."

A soft smile forms on Wanda's lips as she sees the set of rings, silver and with some red details.

"Thank you, Y/n/n, they're beautiful." She thanks you with the most beautiful smile you've ever seen and you catch yourself unable to look away.

"I'm glad you like it," you reply, trying to disguise the trance the witch's beauty has put you in, "I thought they would look nice when you use your magic." You tell her and Wanda lets out a shy chuckle.

The brunette then puts the rings on her fingers, replacing the ones she was already wearing. When they're all there, she wiggles her fingers, and soon the red magic so familiar to you envelops them.

"I was right." You say proudly, admiring how the items reflect the scarlet red of her power. "Thanks, I loved it." She says again, her cheeks taking on a slight pinkish hue that makes your heart melt inside your chest.

"Maybe in the future I can put another kind of ring on your finger, if you know what I mean." You flirt, unable to control yourself, and Wanda smiles broadly, rolling her eyes in playful annoyance.

"You're infuriating." She hits back and you chuckle in amusement, the laughter dying into a smile as her green eyes lock on yours.

Wanda parted her lips slightly, as if to say something, and you frown slightly at her hesitation.

But then the brunette looks away, clearing her throat to disguise it, and you can't help but feel a twinge of disappointment at her giving up.

"I'll go talk to the others now." She says awkwardly next, scratching the back of her head, and you nod maybe too vigorously. "Okay."

You watch Wanda walk away with your heart beating fast and your mind racing, wondering what she might have wanted to say but gave up.

"She knows." The voice beside you startles you and you jump with fright. "Jesus, Yelena, you scared me." You complain, bringing your hand to your chest, and the blonde smiles amused. "I know she knows."