Mistletoe kiss [Christmas Special]

Start from the beginning

"Two best friends in a room, they might kiss." You speak in a sing-song voice as you make your way to the couch next to Wanda.

"I'm leaving." She says, getting up as you sit down on the couch. As the other two in the room laugh softly at the interaction, you watch the brunette leave with your arms slightly raised in a playful offended posture.

"You don't give up, do you?" Sam comments with an amused smile and you turn your gaze to him. "Of course not."

"Why don't you go find someone else? There are at least three girls in your class who are interested in you." Nat questions and you grimace, remembering the SHIELD agents you train.

"I would never hook up with a student," you reply, settling back on the couch, "besides, and more importantly, they're not Wanda. I like her, you know? Actual feelings and stuff."

"Wait, you really like her?" Sam asks, dumbfounded, and you frown, surprised at the reaction. "Of course I do!" You reply, laughing awkwardly. "I thought everyone knew that."

"Y/n, no one knows that." Natasha replies and you widen your eyes, perplexed. "You're always flirting with everyone." Sam completes and you smile. "I used to. When was the last time you saw me flirting with anyone other than Wanda?"

You see the two older Avengers frown as they think and then widen their eyes as realization hits. "Holy shit, you do like her." Nat lets out, astonished, and you chuckle.

"Okay, geniuses, now that you've figured out the least classified mystery of all, I'm out." You say, getting up from the couch. Walking out of the room, you leave the two stunned Avengers behind.

⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅

It's close to six o'clock now, and with a few hours left before the party, you decide to play some video games.

Some time later, you're startled by your bedroom door opening abruptly, revealing a wide-eyed Yelena entering the place.

"You have feelings for Wanda?" She asks shocked and you take a deep breath, pausing the game afterwards. "You gotta be kidding me."

"Why didn't you tell me?" The blonde questions, crossing her arms and you shrug. "I thought it was obvious! I keep flirting with her."

"I thought it was as a joke!" She retorts, exasperated, and you just stare at her for a moment.

"No one knew? Really?" you ask, not believing the situation. "No! Everybody's talking about it." Yelena counters, and you widen your eyes. "Everybody?"

"Everybody." She assures and you swallow dryly. "Do you think Wanda knows?" You ask cautiously and Yelena shrugs dismissively. "Probably, I was training with Pietro when Nat told me and he ran off. Quite literally."

You clench your jaw at the information. The whole thing was completely unexpected. You genuinely thought that everyone knew, including Wanda. But now? What would that entail?

"Hey, that could be a good thing!" Yelena speaks next, as if reading your thoughts. "Maybe now that she knows you really like her she'll give you a chance."

"Or she'll run away for good." You retort, considering the possibilities. "Good luck, my friend." She says, an empathetic smile on her lips as she gives your foot a reassuring squeeze, and you reciprocate with a grateful smile.

In the few months of friendship between you and Yelena you two have learned to read each other very well. You knew when the other was uncomfortable, worried, needing to be alone, or otherwise distracted.