Normal last year? No. -1-

How cute is he? That cat, yep. That's Leo's cat form. He is tiny! Adore? You do. I hope so.

-~-

A soft sigh passed my lips as I roll over in my bed. I had some amazing dreams last night. First an amazing ass cake. Then a huge fucking pizza. A river full of nice fish. A drool worthy guy. Said guys morphing into a wolf. A nice car, a new more accurate remake of my favorite book. Concerts and back stage passes.

Wait, why was I dreaming of a dude? I don't even know him! I don't have time for contemplating this bull.

Rolling out of bed, I groan as I hit the floor. Its cushioned by pillows, I just don't want to go to school. It's a dreadful place I and almost every student hate. My body reverts into its small, lithe feline. Clothes quickly pool around me. What can I do? Avoiding the mess of clothes, I trot downstairs to make myself breakfast.

With all blinds down, I shift back, as nude as the day I was born, and grab my favorite food. Salmon! Tilapia is good, but that salmon though. Tuna is fine, I usually eat it during lunch at school. Speaking of school, it's my final year! Sadly today is the start of another shitty year, I never liked school but it's free education and I'll need a job in the future.

Heating the delicious food I ran to take a shower as it bakes. It should take a nice thirty minutes or so before it's finished. In the mean time, I shifted back after the fish was placed in the oven I dashed up the stair case to go take a shower. I hate water but I can't stand smelling bad.

After I reached the shower, I shifted back to my human body . Turning the water on,  I quickly jump in. The dull smelling shampoo always stung a bit inside my ears, so I have to gently wash the backs of my ears and my hair. With the same tea smelling shampoo I wash my tail. All this is done in 10 minutes. I have some plain body soap I wash with. Five or so minutes after that, making a total of a whopping fifteen minutes, I scamper out.

Shaking the water off like a dog, I wrapped a towel around my waist. My tail forces itself out like always. Drying myself off I walk into my room and grab my large 'Bring me the horizon' shirt on. I have tons like it. Black Veil Brides, Sleeping with Sirens, My Chemical Romance, Panic At The Disco, Green Day, Falling In Reverse, Pierce the veil, and lots more. Of course I have some normal shirt like button ups, graphic tees, and some solid color ones. My band shirt are simply much more preferred. After pulling that shirt on and slipping a pair of briefs on I find a pair of black skinny jeans.

Snaking my tail under my over sized shirt, I secure it with an Ace
Bandage tightly wrapped around my chest. Next I put on my infamous gray beanie. Gotta keep up with the scene kid look! Nah, the real reason is because of the set of annoying cat ears on top of my head. The shiny white tuffs of fur severing no purpose other than letting me ease drop and ruin surprises.

Like many shifter, my natural hair color matches my cat ears. Some cat shifter are born with white hair to reflect their white fur. I have naturally white hair with strands of red. My dad had black hair with a few white strands and my mom had strawberry blonde.

After gets my inhumanly traits hidden, I go downstairs to devour my beloved food. I practically skipped when I saw the delicious food laying in the oven. When faced with such heavenly flavors, I inhaled it. It just too good!

I turn my phone on, I usually leave it on the night stand but I brought it down with me. Turning on YouTube i watch a few music videos. I had around fifty minutes left until the bus came. So I entertain myself with some song and other videos! I enjoy singing as loud as I can, and yell at the screen as I waited.

Wondering why I can do this? Parents at work? I wish. Sadly enough, my parents died to hunters when I was ten. Yep, Mr and Mrs. Reed were killed. Leaving me on my own. I lived with some family until I was 16 and got therapy. We were a rich family so I had enough for 3 or so years of the cash guzzling therapist. About a year ago, I packed up all furniture, photos, kitchen utensils and other things, all my parents favorite things, and moved to a new house. Which is being paid from my funds, set up by aunt Cindy. I'm 17 and turning 18 in a few months.

I miss my parents signing and laughing as they made breakfast or got ready. It was always so lively and bright in the morning at our old house. When I moved in with uncle Richard and aunt Cindy, I realized how lucky I was. They argued and fought a lot. Richard went to work at three and Cindy went to work at six. It was always quiet in that house except for when they fought.

After reminiscing, I began a few mundane tasks with the twenty minutes I have left. Scrubbing the dishes, fetching the mail, putting my clothes in the washer. Going through the mail, it was a post card from Richard and Cindy! My tail waved excitedly. They decided to rekindle their romance in Italy and sent a post card of the canal!

With three minutes left, I put away the card and grabbed my back pack. Running outside after shutting all the lights off and locking the door. Looking down the street, I see the old, faded yellow bus. Good old 182. New people though. Scanning everyone as I walk on, I spot him. The guy from my dreams. Under the bandages, I feel my tail go rigid.

Why can't this be a normal last year? Sitting down, it takes a minute before the seat shifts indicating another person sat down. At that point i had ear buds in, my regular ears, the cat one are a little extra, peeking up i see sprawled out brown hair and stunning blue eyes. A hand is laid on my shoulder and I freeze. "Hey, I'm Derrick Kingly. " Sparks shot through me. It felt fantastic I had trouble hiding a purr. I'm not too sure why. Magic?

Coughing slightly, I spoke "I'm L-Leo." Damn my stutter. A small chuckle passed Derrick's lip. Avoiding his gaze I waited out the hellish bus ride.

_____________
Hey guys!! Its Kay! I'm in the process of rewriting this story. Like all of it. So, in the mean time, check out my YouTube channel for content I do there. Mainly Ukulele covers. Probably art. Its called TiredSpace Or don't! Anyway, enjoy the version that is up now. You can also check out my new story Charity Crush !!