Pumpkin contest [Halloween Special]

Start from the beginning

"I did." Wanda hits back, trying to remain steadfast in her decision, biting her lower lip harshly when you suck on a sensitive spot just below her ear. "Now go back to work." The redhead finds the strength to pull away from you for good, turning her body forward again, back to the pumpkin carving.

"You suck." You grumble as you mimic her action, displeased, and Wanda lets out a hoarse chuckle. "You never complained about it before." The teasing makes you groan at the mental image, and you're unable to behave yourself any longer, moving closer to her again. But Wanda raises a spatula in between your faces before you can reach her. "Work."

Disgruntled, you do as you were told, hearing your wife's low giggle as the two of you go back to carving the pumpkins.

But the previous interaction led to the two of you teasing the other whenever you could, seeing who could push the other's buttons harder. Like now, for instance, when you had to stand behind Wanda to reach something in the cabinet, and the redhead wasted no time in leaning her hips back, pressing her ass to your center.

"Shouldn't distracting your opponent on purpose be against the rules too?" You tease, making no mention of pulling away, and Wanda lets out a short giggle. "I don't know what you're talking about, I'm just carving my pumpkin." She retorts with fake innocence, pretending to be focused on whatever it is that she's doing on the fruit in front of her.

You chuckle softly in response, shaking your head with amusement. As you finally grab what you were looking for, you press your body forward, hearing your wife choke on her breath. But you're soon pulling away, merely glancing at her through the corner of your eye as you return to your spot in front of the table.

The two of you then go back to your activities, and you're so immersed in what you're doing you take a while to notice the red light coming from your side. "Wait, you can't use your powers!" You complain when you finally realize Wanda is using her magic to carve the pumpkins, and the redhead raises her eyebrows challengingly. "Of course I can."

"But I don't have any, it's unfair." You retort matter-of-factly, your hands on your waist, but Wanda is unfazed. "Not my problem." She declares with a shrug of her shoulders, making you grumble in displeasure. "It's not about quantity, Dušica, it's about quality." Wanda adds in a teasing laugh, and you glance at her pumpkins before teasing back, "I'm winning, then."

"The audacity." She complains as she pokes you with the safe end of a screwdriver, and you laugh as you jump away from her. "Go ahead with your magic then, I'm clearly doing a much better job with my hands." You wiggle your fingers at her, and Wanda can't even complain about the teasing.

The pumpkins you've carved so far are so beautiful they look like they were taken straight out of a Hollywood movie, with a variety of faces ranging from creepy to goofy. And as for the ones she did, saying they look like a mess is an understatement. Wanda is sure a four-year-old could make a much better job than her. But you're still giggling softly - not meanly, of course, just amused -, so the redhead lifts her chin up. "For your information, I'm just getting started. They'll look great when I finish them."

"I'm not doubting that." You comment, good-naturedly, turning back to the fruit resting on the table in front of you. Wanda is about to do the same, but, before she can, the heat starts bothering you, and you casually loosen a few buttons on your shirt, easing your body temperature and, consequently, making Wanda's increase.

"Okay, this isn't working. You're distracting me." Your wife complains, visibly annoyed, and you grimace as you look at her. "What? I'm not doing anything!" You defend yourself, your tone of voice confused, but the redhead shakes her head. "Yes, you are!" She hits back impatiently, using her magic to move the things she was using to the other end of the table, far away from you, making you laugh as she grumbles under her breath, "you and your stupid flannel shirt, do you have to show so much skin..."

Now far away from you and your oh-so-touchable body, Wanda is finally able to concentrate better on her carving. Still, there's no amount of Chaos Magic the witch can use to make her pumpkins look less horrible - in fact, it seems like every attempt she makes to fix the previous mess just makes everything that much worse.

"Honey, let me help you." You ask in a gentle tone when you hear the redhead mumble impatiently rot the tenth time in the last five minutes, but she shakes her head eagerly. "No. I'm gonna win this." She attests firmly, and you can't stop yourself from being entertained by your wife's stubbornness.

"Why do you have to, hm?" You ask with amusement, leaving your place by the table to approach her. "Wouldn't it be more fun if we did it together?" You suggest as you wrap your arms around her waist from behind, peppering her neck with soft kisses in an attempt to wash away some of her stress.

"Maybe." Wanda comments after a while, a pensive hum leaving her lips, smiling when she feels you chuckle against her skin. "Alright, so how about we take a break and then we go back to carving." You propose with your hands on her hips as you spin her around so she can face you, and the redhead takes no time wrapping her arms around your neck.

"Maybe not using magic next time?" You add the suggestion with a teasing tone that makes your wife roll her eyes with amusement, and you chuckle softly before you ask, "deal?"

"Deal." She agrees with a few nods of her head before leaning in to kiss you softly, her lips in a smile against yours. And even though she promises, Wanda uses her magic again. But this time it's to press your body closer to hers. And to that, of course, you didn't mind.

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

I hope you enjoyed it! Thoughts and comments are always welcome ツ

You can also find me on Tumblr (@abimess) and on AO3 (@abimess)