Chapter 3 (part 1) : We're In Big Trouble

Chapter 3 : We're in big trouble.

Ibrahim's POV:

It was finally Sunday and the first thing to do after zohar prayer was to ride my bicycle to the playground. We had a cricket match today with another team. I was the team captain so I had to reach in time. I called Mustafa to come as well as baba had let him on a half leave today. He texted he was on his way. I texted :
"let's race to see who gets there first ;) " .
I had to reach early anyways so I slided down the shortcut . It was a pleasant path surrounded by fruit trees all around but it was a bit deserted and scary at night. I still remember getting lost in here once , ugh... that night still haunts me.

But for some reason I felt uneasy. As if I was being... watched . The leaves moved at my right and something hit me in the face right then. I fell down from my bicycle and rolled down the path. I didn't understand if I was more in pain or in shock. I looked back and still saw noone. I heard the sound of spray in front of me and I instantly held my breath and got up but for some reason I felt a bit sleepy . I ran towards my bicycle but something hit  me in my stomach . It felt like a kick...a really strong one. It took me out of breath for a moment. I pushed in the air from where I thought the kick came from and I did hit something. But at the same moment someone started hitting me again and again on the legs, my back , my stomach , my face and I almost layed down helpless and....lifeless.

Even staying awake seemed like a hard job. I tried my best keeping my eyes open. I was being dragged and taken somewhere probably towards the trees. Someone picked me up and two people carried me on their shoulders but I could only feel it not see any of it. I was dealing with something way out of my hands. Now I was falling completely unconscious.  I had no hope for life . Was this the end of my dreams ? Is this how I die?
'Allah! Should I say my kalma now?' , I thought. But wait what about my dreams? my family? A tear escaped my eyes.
In all these thoughts , among the darkness I....I heard someone, someone was calling out my name from far away . This voice...it felt so familiar.

"Ibrahim!"
.
.
.

"Ibrahim!"
.
.
.
.
.
"Don't worry , I'm here brother.  Hang on".

Now I recognised it , it was Mustafa. The invisible beings carrying me threw me where I was and left . I thought they were going after Mustafa now but they had left for good. I was so thankful and happy but I couldn't stay awake for long now. Mustafa was talking to someone on the phone , he placed my bleeding head on his lap . I was safe now . I finally gave in and darkness swallowed me making me free of all the pain. This was my second bad memory at this path.
.
.
.
.
.
.

When I woke up I was in a hospital bed. All I could think of at the moment was the hospital bills but thankfully it was a public hospital. Mustafa and my father were sitting besides on the bench asleep. I picked up my cracked screen phone from beside . It was 2 am , I was unconscious for almost 12 hours. But the hardest part was to believe that it was all true and not a dream. How could this be? Who were they? Why couldn't I see them? And the most important one, what did they want from me? I could at least conclude that they were targeting ME, otherwise they would have attacked Mustafa as well. So, my parents weren't safe as well. But noone would believe me even if I told them. I got up and went to the bathroom to make ablution. I said tahajud and raised my hands to say my prayer.

"Oh Allah! You are my Lord , my creator, my protector, my everything. I firmly believe that whatever you do is the best for us. Thank you Allah for the help you provided me today . Oh , Please Allah keep protecting me and my family just as you protected Hazrat Ibrahim from the flames. I knock at your door my Lord, please don't return me empty-handed. Please bless your creation with your help. "