Chapter 2 (part 1) : The Encounters

Yousaf's POV:

Finally! I had convinced my parents and my teachers to do the special assignment. There was a reason only I had to take it that I didn't tell anyone. I had to leave tomorrow for the station to travel to past. I looked at the people I had to observe on the digital slide.

First one was the candidate Ibrahim choudary . A 19 years old tall young boy.
He had a fair complexion,
light brown eyes and a clean shave. He overall had a dominating and attractive personality.
According to the time line I had to visit, he was in 12th grade in college and a remarkable student. He wants to be doctor after losing his sister and lives in a backward village.

And the second one was Hania noor . A 18 years old girl currently in same institute as Ibrahim but in 11th grade. She was slim and tall (but shorter than Ibrahim) and had little brown complexion compared to Ibrahim's . She had large round eyes. Black eyes, small nose and short black hair made her one of the prettiest girls even by my present's standard. She had a cute little mole at the corner of her right eye. She wants to be a PM.

I smiled , I couldn't wait to actually meet them.

Hania's POV:

It had been two months since mama's death. I felt her absence each second, everyday. It hurt me so much. But I had to stay strong for my younger siblings. There wasn't much trouble with the housework because we kind of lived as a partial joint family. We had the same house building. But different portions and kitchens. My aunts truly helped us as much as someone could. But, it just wasn't the same. I was even having trouble eating because I had always only eaten mama's cooking. I helped dua in homework these days.

Sometimes,  she suddenly started to cry, I would hug her and tell her to be strong, but it was difficult to hide a few trickling tears of mine that I tried my best to stop. 8 years old Usman was so stunned that he couldn't even understand what happened. Everyone took care of him at their very best but each time he would return from school he'd ask 'Where's mama?'. Ahmad just kept crying these days. Nano had taken him with her for a few months. It was all so... new and painful.

After a tiring day, I was returning back home with Arooj today. Because we had decided to go to the ice cream parlour . I had gotten a chocolate cone while Arooj got a strawberry cup ice cream. I couldn't shake the thought of being watched. It brought shivers down my spine. When I asked Arooj , she completely denied, well then, I guess it was just my imagination.

I asked Arooj about the university she would join after college. Without a second thought she said that she wanted to join the art and fashion university in lahore. She wanted to be a fashion designer afterall. Then she asked me," And what about you Hania ? Which university are you planning to study in?" . I stared at the sky silently for a moment and then finally said ," I don't really know Arooj. There are some people who just simply know what they want to do and what they have to do. But I have no idea."
She looked stunned, " I never thought that the intelligent students had such troubles too".
I giggled ,"First, I'm not as intelligent as you think I am . Ok? And second! It has nothing to do with intelligence. Some people just know , and some don't" .
She nodded in agreement then asked ," But you must have a dream right?" .
I answered, "I do...".
She jumped in excitement and held my hands "Really?! What is it?"
I hesitated," You'll probably laugh ."
"Oh come on hani! Test me! My childhood dream was to be a princess so I'm sure yours isn't sillier than mine"
It made me happy , it was the first time I was going to tell my dream to someone, "I want to be the PM." She hugged me shoulder to shoulder and pressed her cheek to mine " Silly little girl. That's an amazing dream. Why would an amazing and confident girl like you hesitate telling her dream. Huh?". I couldn't even say thanks to her though I wanted to beacuse we had commited to say no sorry or thank you.So I said,"Jazakallah(May Allah reward you for it/ Islamic thank you) ". She laughed, " Oh. You couldn't say thank you so you said this instead. You really are clever. You knew I'll have to accept it after all it's a dua."