"Trust us, it is. You've just gotten lucky." Nathan says.

"And I'll learn my lesson the one time I'm not lucky. So, until then..." Briar grins.

"Don't think so." Nathan picks the nine year old up. "You, you insane little daredevil, are never doing that again."

"You realize if mom can't stop me, you can't, right?" Briar asks.

"God, you might be worse than stories I've heard of Ophelia... and Dean and Natalie." Nathan says.

"I know. I take pride in it." Briar grins.

"Well, I wish you didn't." Nathan grumbles.

"Everybody does. It's kinda my favorite trait." Briar says.

"Go make macaroni with your cousin and brother." Nathan says, putting her down in the kitchen. Ophelia glances back, letting Justin stir the macaroni and cheese.

"Climbing?" Ophelia asks.

"Yes." Nathan says.

"Briar." Ophelia gives her a look.

"What? I didn't fall." Briar shrugs.

"I keep telling everybody, she's a psycho." Justin says. "But nobody listens to the nine year old."

"My heart aches for you." Ophelia sarcastically sympathizes. "Stir the damn noodles." She orders and he smiles in amusement at her annoyance and sarcasm. "Briar, no climbing. If you die on my watch, I am very much a dead teenager."

"Guess you should get better at your job." Briar says.

"I'm gonna--" Ophelia charges at her, but Nathan holds her back.

"Hey, hey, hey. Can't kill the nine year old. Or... you know, anybody." Nathan says.

"Just... she's just gonna go on a little flight." Ophelia says.

"No." Nathan says. "Briar, mac and cheese." He says and Briar trudges over to the stove. "And you two better not fight or else you're getting sent to your rooms." The twins give him identical looks of annoyance.

"Where's the little one?" Nathan asks.

"Libby is off teaching Athena how to make bracelets." Ophelia informs.

"Oh, taking the role of Aunt Natalie, huh?" Nathan asks.

"Kind of, yeah." Ophelia nods.

"You okay?"

"I'm okay. They just make me wanna strangle them sometimes."

"Ah, the joys of babysitting." Nathan grins and Ophelia sarcastically smiles in return. Nathan kisses her. "Ooh, I left the cookies on the stairs." He rushes out of the kitchen.

+++

"Okay... so, the button's on the bottom. So, you gotta press that and then you can open it, and, boom -- no noise." Libby says, showing her little sister how to break into the cookie jar.

Sam had the "genius" idea to buy a cookie jar that made noise when you open it. He's the only one who likes it, it being impossible for any of the kids -- and Dean -- to sneak cookies anymore.

But Libby and Nathan found out how to sneak them by figuring out how to silence it by holding the button.

"Cool." Athena grins.

"And you can successfully get any cookies without dad having a freak attack." Libby smiles. "Try it out."

Athena copies what her sister did, opening the cookie jar without it going off making her grin. She grabs a cookie and starts to eat it, Libby also getting a cookie.