43: Another Dooley In School

Start from the beginning

"Mom, why are you doing this? What is missing in your life? I can pay for art classes!" Leo shouted in a panic. Tasha took Leo by the shoulder and walked a few feet from the table.

"Oh, Leo, this will be fun. If I get elected— with your help." Tasha playfully patted dad's shoulder, "I will be here all the time! We'll eat lunch, gossip, I can talk you up to the gals."

"Please tell me if she gets elected you won't have to be here."

"Oh, squirt, you don't have to worry about that." Dad chuckled, taking another bite of his apple. "I wouldn't want to be here with this many delinquent kids or Perry." He shuddered as he spoke of her name. "I'm here to help Tasha. I could get a raise if I do." Dad whispered the last part to me and I nodded. That sounds more like dad.

"You really are." Chase and Bree said in sync. We looked back to Leo and Tasha and saw she had made her way to a pair of girls. She was too far to clearly hear the conversation but I can definitely say Leo's imagine had been ruined for those two girls.

"Moms... we all got them right?" Leo faked a smile as he slowly inched down to hide under the table.

This is gonna be a long day.

——————————

Having dad here isn't so bad. He's been helping Tasha all day and barely makes an appearance. Speaking of Tasha, she reappeared as the guys and I talked. We waited for our next class by our lockers. Leo had stolen a wig from drama club and used it as his disguise, which apparently works considering Tasha didn't notice him. I scoffed shutting my locker and leaned against it. Chase cleared his throat and Leo finally looked our way.

"We have to stop her."

"Uh, we. What's in ur for us?" Chase asked.

"Oh, come on! I'm desperate!" Leo said taking off his wig.

"Clearly." I smirked snatching the wig from his hands. I had to safely return the wig if I don't want to get a detention from Ms. Whitlock. It was hard enough to even get her to lend me the wig, I don't need her to scold me over it.

"Well, you could get us into your cool party."

"Oh, Bree. That's cute. But at the end of the day I am who I am and you are who—" Leo's taunting smile vanished in an instant as his siblings began to walk away, "All right, I'll get you in the party! Why couldn't you have asked Lauren to do it anyways?"

"Lauren isn't the one bragging about it every second." Bree sassed crossing her arms.

Leo rolled his eyes, "Just tell me how we're gonna get rid of my mom."

"Easy. We just have to find someone to run against her and win." Chase explained.

"Right, someone who's power hungry and ruthless and enjoys crushing other people's dreams." Bree added. Just as she finished her description the perfect candidate appeared.

"Go home, maggots! It's 3:30 and I wanna chain up!" Perry demanded. We looked at Perry who carried a large chain over her shoulder. We looked back at each other and knew we somehow had to get Perry to enter.

"Hey, guys." Dad greeted. He tossed his keys between his hands before tucking his hands into his pockets. The Davenport's greeted back before dad gestured for me to stand by his side.