The spoon in my hand falls onto the floor, the tub of ice cream slipping off of my lap. I quickly type out a short response, knowing I have to rush to get fully ready.

Me

C U tonight.

I drop everything and rush to my bathroom to get ready.

★LORELAI★

May 20th
1997

It's been a hectic morning.

From Faye arriving at the ass crack of dawn to force everyone into seven million different clothing variations, to the band rehearsing in the living room, it's been a lot.

Earlier that morning...

"Good morning Lori," Faye whispers in my ear, waking me peacefully from my sleep. "Big day today!" She belly flops on top of me, crushing my insides.

"Fuck!" Leo screams out, getting a knee to the back.

"AHH!" Faye screams, jumping off the bed quickly. "I didn't know he was in there!"

I'm half asleep, it's seven in the morning, and people are already screaming.

"Where else would I be?" Leo screams back, hunched over in bed.

"Please tell me you have clothes on underneath the blanket..." Faye whispers, her eyes going wide.

"Faye!" I yell, sitting up in bed since I'm now wide awake.

"Yes, I have clothes on. Now can you please leave." Leo rubs his eyes, slumping back into bed.

"No can do Sir Leo, we've got a big day ahead of us!" She pulls me up by the arms, dragging my dead weight out of bed.

"Sir Leo?- Y'know what, never mind." He throws a pillow on top of his head to drown out the noise.

"Okay Mr. Sassy, you can go back to sleep, but I'm stealing your girlfriend."

Leo groans in response as Faye pulls me by the arms out of my bedroom. We walk into the living room which has been completely transformed into a rehearsal space for the band, all of their gear set up around the couch.

"Jesus, what time did you get here?" I mumble, my tired eyes taking in the view.

"Five,"

"In the morning?" I ask, shocked since she is usually a late riser.

"Mhm, got Zayn to help me set all of this up,"

"You got Zayn out of bed at five in the morning?" I ask, even more shocked at that information.

"He's totally whipped, he'd sail across the seas and back if I asked him to." She gushes, a light in her eyes that makes me happy for her.

"That's cute."

"I bet Leo would do the same." She laughs.

"Yeah." I lie, not being too sure that he would.

"Okay, I'll rally the troops. Can you sit on the couch and judge the outfits?"

4:32 pm

And that's how we ended up here.

I'm sitting on the couch as one by one, the band shuffles into the dressing room, also known as Harlow's room.

Faye has laid out a multitude of options for each of them, and they try on all of them until we find a winner. We've been at it for hours, since we've had to take breaks to eat and for the band to practice.