8) Stirring the tea

Start from the beginning

"Oh wow, Jinora.What an honor? Do you maybe want to play Pai Sho later and have a cup of tea? We can chat all you want and I can answer any questions you have."I ask and smile at her.

"Even about your science project when you were 10?"she asks her eyes lighting up.

"Sure, we just got to make sure my brothers don't hear us."I say and nod.

She'd nods excitedly but then composes herself.

I turn to Korra and go to hug her.

"Thank you so much for letting us stay.I swear I tried to keep my packing minimal but some people didn't get the hint."I say and slightly look over at Bolin.

"Don't worry, Phie.It's okay."she says and grabs my shoulder.

We all start walking and I can hear Meelo ask Asami the same thing he asked me. Huh what a player.

"Looks like you have some serious competition, Mako."I joke and nudge his arm.

He rolls his eyes at me but smirks.

"And now for the grand tour.Flying bisons sleep in those caves down there and that's the temple grandpa Aang built and that's the greenhouse where we grow the vegetables we eat."Ikki says and points to all the different locations.

" I have a couple of questions. is this an all-vegetarian island? Is that where you train air-bending?Do we have to wear air acolyte clothes?Do we each get our own sky-bison?And final question: how many trees are on this island?"Bolin asks making me elbow him.

What was up with that last question?

"Yes, yes, no, no, 10,552"she answers making me give her an impressed look.

"So where are we gonna be staying?"Mako asks.

"You're a boy.Boys have to stay on the boys' side."Meelo answers and Jinnora goes to show them the dormitory's.

"I'm a boy."Bolin states and start walking after them.

"You sure?"I shout after him with a laugh.

He doesn't answer me but instead earth bends a pebble at my forehead.

I rub my forehead angrily and mumble angrily.

That's gonna leave a small mark.

"Ikki and I will take you to your rooms, this way."Korra says

We walk to the dormitories and then down a long hallway towards our rooms.

I walk besides Korra and just take in the architecture.

"Asami, did you know Korra likes Mako?"Ikki asks making me choke on my own spit.

What did she just ask Asami, Mako's girlfriend.

"Oh...Uh, no, I wasn't completely aware of that."Asami replies just before Korra starts dragging us away.

We go to Asami's room first and walk in.

Korra locks Ikki out and I hear her complaining.

There's a beat of silence and a whole lot of awkwardness.

I careful try to open the door but Korra shuts it and shakes her head no.

She doesn't have to make both of us suffer.She can suffer this one out alone.

"So....here's your room.I know this is a little rustic compared to what you're used to."Korra says as we walk closer to Asami.

"I think it's really charming,"Asami says looking out of the small window.