Chapter 6

The peaceful sound of birds singing outside the window is somethings I enjoy listening to every morning. Maybe, I will read later, that sounds amazing. Knowing Tatia, she might read in the gardens instead of with me. We call it separate bonding, sharing a moment together, even though we are apart, it's like being together in spirit, just sharing a moment together without distractions. I love that.

What I do not love is...

"Rise and shine!" Tatia sings, ripping the curtains apart, being very inconsiderate of how unprepared I am to be assaulted by rays of sunlight, hitting me one after the other.

I groan, hugging my pillow as I curl myself into a ball, the blinding light scatters across the room as chooses to settle on my closed eyelids, taunting me as to say that I cannot escape. A frustrated sigh passes my lips and I squeeze my eyes tighter, shoving my face into the soft sheets.

"Guinevere, Lancelot and your father are waiting for you in the dining hall, you cannot lay here any longer, I extended your slumber as much as I could." She tugs at the sheets from the bottom of my bed, pulling it off my upper body.

"Is that supposed sway me to arise from my bed?" I thought to myself.

With my eyes still closed, I tap my hand around until I feel fabric and then yanking it aggressively, smiling with satisfaction at the sound of her yelping followed by a dip in the bed accompanied with the sound of a soft smack. "Your Highness!" she gasps and I flick my wrist dismissively, covering myself once more.

"Also, there are sausages, pork slices, eggs on toasted bread portions with cheese melted on top." Tatia grunts, tugging at my ankles. I remove the covers from over my face and peaked at her under the silky sheets, "And?" I raise a brow at her. "And, you are the princess!" She swings a cushion at me. "Your point is?" I successfully dodge her pitiful attack, the cushion falling onto the floor. She sighs, rubbing her temples with her index and middle fingers. "And they have chocolate covered strawberry cheesecake," she mumbles in defeat.

I plaster a triumphant grin across my face and toss the covers off, my sparkly red nightgown that stopped above my ankles, being displayed. The first layer is a soft, rose red cloth made from the finest of silks and the layer on top, a thin transparent piece that has simple rose patterns designed into it at random. The dress reveals a generous amount of cleavage and is one of my favourite nightgowns.

Swinging my legs to the side of the bed, I shudder as my feet make contact with the chilled floor, pushing my arms above my head and for some reason, I make very unnatural noises when I stretch in the mornings, almost like a baby but if that baby was possessed.

"It's about time, I thought it would have taken you until noon to get out of bed." Tatia delivers a sassy and unneeded comment making me roll my eyes but also compelling me laugh as I shake my head, my wild bed hair swaying with it. "You're bath is ready," she says, impatiently nudging me forwards. I look over my shoulder at her with a teasing smile, "Finally, the most relevant words you spoken since you've entered my chambers, apart from the food."

She gasps, her movements ceasing momentarily before scowling at me playfully, "Why you..." Now she is chasing me around my chambers like a mad woman, relentlessly attempting to grab me as I run away giggling just before yelping in shock after she brutally tackles me to the floor, if there wasn't a cushion, I would have been knocked unconscious. Tatia furthers her torture by digging her fingers into my sides and tickling me until I am at the point of tears, my laughter echoing from my room into the halls.

"I yield!" The words struggle to get past my lips due to my disability to breath from my laughter. She immediately pulls me to my feet, dragging me to the washroom, not once slowing in her hasty steps until she has gotten through the door and close it, keeping the heat inside.