02. Everyone Knows

Start from the beginning

But it was silent. There was utter silence. Dahyun Unnie was staying silent.

Why the hell am I not hearing anything from her?

If I didn't know her that well, I would've been grateful, thinking that she will just shrug this off. But I know the members! This is not a thing that any one of them will just hold their silence for!

When I decided to open my eyes, I slowly looked in her direction. She is just blinking and is currently wearing a blank expression on her face which somehow made me freak out instantly.

"I— PLEASE—" I flail my hands everywhere in the air because I don't know what else to do. I already said it! "PLEASE DON'T TELL THE OTHERS! ESPECIALLY MINA UNNIE! PLEASE! I KNOW THIS IS WEIRD AND—"

Then, she suddenly bursts out into loud chuckles. Huh? "What— Dahyun Unnie! Why are you laughing? I'm serious here!"

"Chae— Chaeyoung-ah." She tries to calm herself from the sudden wave of joy she is experiencing that I'm certainly not sure why. "I— I can't believe you're saying that now!"

"I know, I know." I began fiddling with my fingers. So she really is weirded out. "That is why you should never tell anyone else about this. I trust you that—"

"You have a crush on Mina Unnie?" She began laughing oh-so loudly as if she has now gone crazy. If I'd be honest, this is starting to irk me right now because I just told her something out of my heart and here she is making fun out of it. "Daebak. That— That is news to me, Chaeng-ah."

Did I just make a wrong judgment of character out of her?

Dahyun Unnie even holds her stomach now, still chuckling. Not as loud as earlier but is still apparently making fun of me which was clear when she continued to talk. "And what do you mean I shouldn't tell the others? Jincha, Chaeng. That's hilarious! I can't believe you!"

"Unnie!" I scrunch my eyebrows at her. Now I'm not sure what she is referring to. "Where are you going with this? I just told you—"

"Son Chaeyoung." Dahyun Unnie clears her throat and straightens herself on the couch. She suddenly tries her best to make a serious expression as she leans over to place the laptop on our center coffee table. This is kind of scaring me. Is our Dahyunie going cray-cray? "Listen to me. I have to tell you something."

I gulped before responding in heightened nervousness. "And that is...?"

She smiles at me so softly as if she is a totally different person from the one who was making fun of my sudden confession earlier. Warm gaze. Now, this is the Dahyun Unnie I was expecting. "Everyone knows."

Huh?

Wait— Huh?

"What are you..." I was expecting a comforting statement from her but... Huh? I scrunch my eyebrows more than before. "Everyone? Every... one... knows? Unnie, what— What are you— Huh?"

"Ugh. Jincha." Dahyun Unnie rolls her eyes. She looks directly into my eyes with an unamused expression. "Are you being serious right now?"

"Of course I am! But— but what do you mean— Unnie, I'm not— Everyone? Everyone knows?"

She then lets out a huge sigh and shakes her head. "You're too bad at hiding your own emotions, that's why everyone already knows that you have a crush on her. Everyone already thinks that you like Mina Unnie since who knows when."

"Huh?"

"Uh huh."

"Like—" I wave my hand in circles to pertain to the other members of TWICE. "Like everyone in our group? All the members? Eight of you?"