Chapter 9 - Trust

Start from the beginning

Sun nodded in understanding, he got up, picking me up as well.

-"So.. Do you forgive me, Sunshine..?"

I paused, then started laughing. Suns face got more worried.

-"Sunny, you big idiot, of course I forgive you!"

-"So.. We're friends again?"

-"We never stopped being friends... Did we?"

Suns eyes widened.

-"Oh no of course not!"

He spun around and hugged me. Man, hugging is gonna get old. We heard a kid land in the ballpit, and we knew the day had begun. As Sun went to greet the kids coming in I went over to the desk. I saw a paper set aside from the usual stack. I grabbed it and read it over. My eyes widened, I stuck the paper on my bag, I'd have to tell Sun and Moon later. I started working on the papers.

-"Oh Sunshine~!"

I looked up at Sun and smiled.

-"Sorry to bother you, but the kids want to play 'family' and wanted you to play too, would that be too much of a bother?"

I smiled again, setting my pen down.

-"Not at all!"

-"Oh, then let's get going!"

Sun took my hand and led me to a group of kids. I sat down and waited for the kids to sort groups. Sun was the child of two of the kids, and I was the child of the other two. Something happened to basically cause the two families to be at war with each other, which I thought was pretty funny. Me and Sun ended up having to get married to end the war, I could barely hold back my laughter at the fake ceremony. When it happened, I gave Sun a quick peck on the cheek as a joke, and he went red.

Before I even knew it it was naptime. I locked the door after I got the kids settled, then made my way to one of the craft tables to continue working on my blueprints. The lights went out, and I rolled up the paper and stuffed it in my bag. As soon as I zipped up my bag, I felt arms picking me up and I was being lifted into the air. I shrieked, then realized who grabbed me.

-"Oh you little shithead!"

Moon laughed, then pulled me closer to carry me bridal-style.

-"Foul mouth you got there~"

-"Says you."

He stuck his tongue out at me. I was shocked.

-"Wh- you got a tongue!?"

-"Yep."

We landed on top of the play structure, the blankets and pillows were still there.

-"So this is basically just your little hideout?"

-"Basically."

He sat down on the blanket and placed me in his lap. We both just looked down at the empty daycare.

-"You should really go to sleep."

-"But I'm not tired?"

-"it's nap time though."

-"I'm not a kid."

He pouted and did puppy dog eyes at me.

-"Please~? Do it for me and Sun?"

I sighed, pulling my phone out and setting a timer.

-"35 minutes. No more."

-"Works for me."

I sighed and relaxed in his lap, now realizing how tired I really was from the whole.. Experience.. From this morning. I yawned and closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep.

* * *
I woke up to my alarm going off. I tried to reach for it but my arms were being held to my sides tightly.

-"Moon? Can you let me go?"

All I got in response was one of those bone chilling laughs.. The ones he made when he acted weird. My alarm stopped going off, how long had it been going before I woke up? I looked up at Moon. He was staring back down at me with a creepy smile, and his eyes were tinted purple.

-"M-moon?"

I tried to get out of his grip, but it got tighter around me.

-"Moon please.. Nap time ends soon..."

-"𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚."

His grip tightened, and I winced. He was hugging me really tight, and it hurt. He laughed again, sending a chill down my spine.

-"𝙄'𝙢 going 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙚𝙯𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 until 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙪𝙛𝙛𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙚."

-"Moon.. Please.. Your hurting me.."

He laughed again, but it seemed to glitch out. He let go of me and grabbed his head. I crawled away from him backwards, grabbing my phone. The purple tint in his eyes faded back to red. He looked up at me.

-"I'm sorry.. I.."

I took a small step towards him.

-"Moon? What happened..?"

-"You fell asleep and... I suddenly wasn't able to control my movements.."

I walked to him, and sat down next to him.

-"Do you know anything, anything at all, about what's going on with you?"

-"Y/N.. do you trust me?"

-"Huh? What do you mean? Of course I trust y-"

-"Enough to not hide anything from me, like.. What happened last time you were home."

I went silent for a moment.

-"Yes. I trust you now.."

-"Then I trust you too."

He took a deep breath before finally answering my question.

-"It's a virus, but nobody can seem to find the cause of it. It makes me hurt people, even if I don't want to."

I paused, thinking about it for a moment.

-"I promise I'll help you."

-".. But what if you can't... Will you leave if I hurt you again?"

-"No. As long as you want me to stay, I will not leave. I promise."

Moon nodded. He took me back down to the desk, and after he set me down, the lights turned on, right on cue.

____

Moony trusts you! And oooo? Sun went red when you gave him a peck on the cheek~