Part 17: A quiet chat with Frieda

Start from the beginning

"Not that I'm aware of."

"I see. I'm sorry to see you chained up in here, but it's for everyone's supposed benefit, considering none of us know what you might do."

"I know, it's beyond your permission to let me out of here, so I don't hold it against you. Historia probably doesn't know, does she?"

You sighed, turning away as you did so. "I don't think so. Even if she did, this doesn't quite fall under her jurisdiction, it's the choice of Premier, who I just so happen to have a meeting with today, so hopefully I can get him to transfer you to the Scout's jurisdiction. Good day, Frieda."

Your boots clacked once more as you exited the cell-block.

_______________________________________

Erwin, Levi, Hange, Commander Pixis and you were all standing around a table, waiting for a meeting to start. On the table was the Titan serum you and Levi had secured from your father.

You heard a door open and shut as you saw Dhalis Zachary enter the room, (yes I got his name wrong earlier.) before sitting down on the single chair in the room, cupping his hands as he began to speak.

"So, have we been able to find out what was in the vial?"

Hange nodded, explaining what you had found out earlier.

"Partially, as of now, we only know of one component, that being the spinal fluid of a titan shifter, however the serum vaporises upon contact with the air, so any further analysis is impossible with our current technology. I do have to wonder how the Reiss family managed to construct it."

Pixis nodded, throwing his own hat into the ring with his opinion.

"Then we should use it for our own goals, instead of wasting it while trying to analyse it."

Erwin stepped forwards. "That would be a good idea, however who do we entrust it to? Not me for sure, with my injury I would be unable to administer it. It should however go to our elites, with the highest chance of survival, of which we have our two prime candidates right here in this very room."

Levi looked up, while you merely raised an eyebrow.

"Which of them will get it though?" Hange asked.

"Well, thinking logically, as both a titan shifter and just as skilled as Levi, I would say Y/N. However due to his importance to the operation to retake wall Maria, I believe that may not be the best idea." Erwin explored the thought.

You raised your hand, speaking your own thoughts as you did so. "Eren now has the ability to harden his titan body, thanks to the solution Frieda gave him, while I'm not sure if it really works, he would be able to theoretically patch the holes while I remain at full strength, should anything bad happen, I would be a better source of back-up then him."

Everybody in the room seemed to understand your train of thought, Levi himself agreeing.

"He's right you know. Kenny entrusted the serum to him rather then me, and I don't want the responsibility of making a choice like that anyways."

"That settles it then, if nobody has anything else to add, then you are dismissed, Mr Ackerman and L/N."

You nodded, taking the serum and saluting before walking towards the door, however Erwin had other plans.

"Actually Y/N, I'd like you to stay."

"Huh?" You were confused to your commander's actions, however you went along with it regardless and returned to the table as Levi walked out.

"With Levi's recent demotion, there's been a hole that someone with the rank of captain would fill." Erwin started. "However there is virtually nobody who I'd trust to replace Levi in this situation. Other than you, that is."

Your eyes widened, was Jean right about you getting promoted?

"And so, I, Erwin Smith, am promoting you, Y/N L/N, to the rank of captain within the Survey Corps. My second in command."

You were slack jawed at the comment, you didn't think anything would have happened to you after current events, that you'd seal wall maria and transfer to the Garrisons, but now you had this rank placed upon you, maybe you would stick around.

"You will also have your own squad for you to lead, I know how talented you are, so ask for whoever and they'll be transferred accordingly. I want the list by the end of the week. You will also be taking over Levi's old office and sleeping quarters, free for you to adjust how you see fit."

"I- thank you sir. I do have a question to ask the table, though."

Erwin nodded. "Ask away."

"Would it be possible to transfer Frieda Reiss to the custody of the scouts? With two titan shifters, as well as 3 members of the Ackerman bloodline. Surely it would be safer for her to be contained with us, rather then in a densely populated city, where she could cause untold destruction, would it not?"

"You consider her your sister, do you not, captain?" Zachary asked.

"I do, sir."

There was a moment of pause.

"Very well, Frieda Reiss will be transported to the custody of the scouting regiment. I assume you would also like Ymir as well?"

You nodded, while she had betrayed the walls once before, you knew how much she adored Historia and could likely convince her to stay with that.

"It is done. If you have nothing else to add or ask, then you are dismissed. Congratulations on the promotion, by the way."

You bowed, straightening up again and saluting before walking out.

<==To be continued...===============