"Yeah, anything unusual or anything that stands out?" Asked Gwen.

"So far no. It's pretty similar to our Japan, though I might end up being wrong since I haven't been here up to a full day. And I haven't seen much of the city either." Said Ben with a shrug.

"True. Hopefully if there is something weird about this place,It shouldn't be beyond anything you can't handle." Said Gwen.

"Please, I'm Ben Tennyson. There's nothing I can't handle." Said Ben with a grin.

Of course there isn't." Said Gwen as she rolled her eyes.

"Well, it's nice to see that you've still got your confidence." Said Gwen with a smile.

"I'm just stating facts. Though now that I think about unusual stuff,before Paradox left,he did give me a warning of sorts." As Ben said this,he slightly shifted his head so as to better rest it on the pillow.

"What did he say?" Asked a curious Gwen.

"He said 'Beware the treachery of The Two Faced Specter'" Said Ben in a tone devoid of any humor.

"Woah. Talk about foreboding." Gwen said with an expression of worry.

"Yeah, and you should have seen his face too, it's like when he warned us about some guy named George." Mused Ben.

"Or when he told Kevin to try and remember who his friends are before he got mutated again." Added Gwen.

"One thing is sure, what Paradox said is definitely going to happen, so I'm going to need to prepare myself so that I can properly follow his advice." Ben said with conviction.

"Good choice. Though I doubt that's the only thing that Paradox told you about this place." Reasoned Gwen with a sly smile.

"Well, apart from getting me a place to stay,he also fabricated a cover story for me. One that even though I understand why it has to be like that,I kinda wish there was another way." Ben's expression hardened slightly as he said this.

"What is it?" Asked Gwen, noticing Ben's change in expression.

"Basically, I'm an orphan. I don't know the specifics but judging by my living situation, it's probably a recent thing." Said Ben with a sigh that indicated discomfort with his words.

"Oh Ben, I'm so sorry. Is that the only cover story you could get?" Said Gwen with sympathy.

"Well,it was either that,or have a family adopt me and pretend to be my own. Paradox didn't want to risk upsetting me further, and I'm kinda grateful that he didn't go that route." Said Ben with a small smile that fell as soon as it appeared.

"I understand." Said Gwen with a reassuring tone.

"Ben, even if you're not back home with us anymore,I want you to know that no matter what, we'll always be there for you. However long it'll be till you get back, we'll wait for you, but until then, we'll have your back." Gwen said with a sincere smile.

"Thanks Gwen. I already knew that, but hearing you say it still means a lot to me. And you're right. However long I may be gone, we'll get through this together." Said Ben with newfound vigor.

"Right." Said Gwen with similar vigor.

"On a slightly more positive note, who's your guardian?" Asked Gwen.

"Unfortunately Paradox's time ran out so he couldn't tell me. I'll have to find that along with a lot of things out on my own." Answered Ben.

"I see. Sorry to hear that. But I know you'll be fine." Encouraged Gwen.