one

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

y/n stood at the gates of the middle school as her face contorted with disgust. the red brick and granite walls crumbled slightly due to the age of the building. the school courtyard was filled with the loud voices of people walking into the entrance.

"what a shitshow," she mumbled as she took a step forward, "should've gone to mustafa private school afterall."

once inside the gates, y/n noticed a mop of curly green hair out the corner of her eye. she turned her head towards it to get a closer look to see a boy sat with his back leaned against the granite while writing something in a notebook. she noticed the crowds of students begin to slowly dissipate but this boy looked so engrossed in his notes, he didn't realise. y/n sighed and decided to help bring him back down to earth; besides, she could make a friend out of it.

y/n approached the boy with caution as to not startle him.

"uh, hey." she spoke with a soft voice. despite her effort of being careful, she still managed to scare the green haired boy and make him drop his notebook. she caught a glimpse of the mount lady notes and the villain she fought a few hours previously. "i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to scare you."

"no, no! it's okay!" the boy reassured while his face flushed. y/n bent down to pick up the book and handed it to him with a warm smile.

"say, is that mount lady?" the girl asked while pointing at the open book. the boy took it from her hands with an awe-filled look in his eyes.

"yes, it is. i was in the crowd of the fight earlier." the greenette explained while putting his things in his yellow backpack.

"oh, i sure hope you weren't injured." y/n said while extending a hand to help him stand up.

the boy shook his head no and took her hand. her hands were soft but her fingertips were slightly calloused from playing her guitar, she had a small heart stick and poke tattoo on the inside of her middle finger and there were various types of scars (mainly burns) scattered in places all over.

"my name's l/n y/n. what's yours?" she asked.

"midoriya izuku, nice to meet you l/n."

"just call me y/n." she smiled at midoriya and carefully manoeuvred her fingers to intertwine their hands.

"then it's only fair you call me izuku." his face flushed at the hand gesture.

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

the duo walked into class chatting and laughing together when suddenly, izuku immediately stiffened. y/n looked into the class to realise everyone staring at them. she gave izuku a reassuring hand squeeze.

"you're late, midoriya." the teacher said with a scratchy voice. y/n raised her scarred eyebrow at how the teacher said nothing about herself being late and his annoyed tone.

"i'm sorry." izuku replied, looking at his feet.

"just go sit down." with that, he let go of y/n's hand and sat down in his seat. "now class, we have a new student today. welcome, l/n y/n."

the class whispered amongst themselves.
"isn't that the late pro hero: fortuna's daughter?"
"yeah, i think she's pro hero: midnight's niece too."
"she's really pretty..."
"how did the nerd get her?"