𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕 : 𝕊𝕀𝕄ℙ𝕃𝔼 𝔹𝕆ℕ𝔻𝕊

Start from the beginning

“ Kotei's glad Miwa-nee will come. Kotei will be waiting.”

𝟐

“ Kotei !”

No sooner did the little Kageyama enter through the gates than she was greeted by a loud, jolly voice which disrupted the morning peace. Despite the surrounding annoyance, Kotei brightened up at the sight of her friend waddling towards her.

“ I missed you over the holidays,” the girl cooed as soon as she got her hands upon Kotei and took her hands to guide her inside the classroom.“You can pretend Maria’s your guardian till your sister comes back.”

Maria Issei.

A six year old energetic kid, slightly taller than Kotei herself. Her dark brown skin complimented her dark bushy hair that was put up in twin tails. Her golden yellow irises glistened under the sun and her small button nose made her features an adorable canvas. Everyone called her ‘squishy cheeks’ because apparently her puffed out cheeks were indeed squishable.

“ Look, Maria-chan, Kotei’s tooth fell,” Kotei parted her lips to show her teeth, poking the gap with her tongue.

“ Hm ? Just one ? Look here. Maria got two,” she displayed her art with pride and Kotei couldn't help but gush at that.

“ No way ! So cool !”

“ Of course Maria is,” Maria flicked her locks, breathing heavily through her nostrils.

“ Why are you so cute, Maria ?” Kotei yelled before pulling on her cheeks.

“ K-Kotei...i’ hurrr’s~” The latter whined and their conversation was cut short by Midori, their teacher, who led them inside.

The parents would be arriving by ten and the principal would commence the event with a speech in the main hall. The day would be filled with fun packed activities with parents and students. The closing ceremony would be consisting of a small performance by each of the classes followed by a prudent speech especially meant for the parents on how to guide children in a proper way.

“ Let's go through a quick rehersal of the play, okay ?” Their teacher said to gain their attention and the children cheered along.

During break the children were out on the field, each preparing to put on their best shows for their parents. The period soon came to an end as the guardians lined up near the gate and, very graciously, were escorted by their children towards the building in the distance.

But there was one exception.

Kotei sighed, watching from afar.

Sitting on the swing in the playground, all alone, she kicked at the dust feeling lonely all of a sudden.

“ What're you doing here all alone, Kageyama?” Her classmate, Goda, asked with a very innocent look on his face although she knew it was meant to tease her.

“ You're not gonna bring your mom in ?” Takeo, his friend, added. This boy wasn't as discreet as the first one and smirked showing her his exact motive.

“ Kotei can say the same for you,” Kotei replied with a frown.

“ It's not about us. It's ’bout you,” Goda grinned stepping closer.

Kotei stepped down from the swings and dusted off her pants. She shrugged before trying to walk away when Takeo blocked her way.“ Hey, don't ignore us.”

“ We just want some answers. Where are your parents, Kageyama ?” Goda asked standing behind her, trapping her between them.

“ Kotei has Miwa-nee,” she said a little nervous. The topic of her parents was not really comfortable for her but Goda and Takeo seemed to force the exact subject again and again to get back at her. She still didn't understand the concept. What's so funny about not having parents ? And as Kotei considers herself a grown up she thought it was really childish of them to crop up everywhere with the same thing. She's too mature to argue with some fools.