Ch. 3

Começar do início

The girl's eyes flickered to the window where the moon hung in the night sky. Now was not the right time for a late-night snack.

"I'll get you something, Your Highness."

Being a prince meant servants have to follow your orders despite what their instincts might say. Now might be the one time this princely body worked in favor of him today.

█████████████

I devoted the next few days to fill my heart with mana. Giving up because of the poor qualities of this body was not an option for me. Today, a visitor came while I was working on mana.

"Your Highness, I am your new escort sent by His Majesty," said the handsome young man in golden armor. The royal coat of arms on his chest gave away his identity without being asked-he was a royal knight that served directly under the king.

"Where was the old escort?" I asked. He does not look familiar, and I don't remember seeing him when Prince Adrian first claimed the sword.

"Everyone has been removed." He replied, his tone flat and formal.

I pursed my lips at his reply. Young men join the Knights of the court with big dreams. Often, they had to sacrifice a lot to get a chance at being accepted, and to be admitted into the knight's service is a dream come true. But it seems that they got kicked out of the palace before they could even spread their wings because of the prince's terrible accident. It wasn't only Adrian's life and future that were lost that day.

Losing my powers came at the price of getting a new body, but all those young and promising knights who lost their future that day lost everything and gained nothing.

"If you need anything, please call me," he said. The new escort briefly greeted me and left. Already I can tell he is a faithful and sincere man.

"Wait," I stopped him from leaving the room just long enough for me to use Judgement. I felt it was necessary to know him better since he will be my escort moving forward.

█████████████

□ Carls Ulrich [Male, 24 years old]

□ Aptitude. [N/A]

□ Characteristics. [N/A]

█████████████

Like my Third Ear and Third Eye ability, Judgment is also not as potent as it used to be. The only bits of information I managed to gather were his name and age. Judgment being "limited" prevents me from knowing my target's aptitude and characteristics until I find a way to level up my powers.

"What can I do for you, Your Highness?" he responds.

"Nothing, you may go now," I made a rough gesture giving him the go signal to leave.

Just when I thought I would finally be alone again to go back to my mana training, another visitor popped up. This time it was the queen.

"I took all the medicine you sent, mother", I said politely.

Her face was painted all over with delight at hearing those words. Something tells me she half expected me to throw away all of the concoctions she had prepared.

The door opened, and an old man entered. From the looks of things, it seems that he had been waiting outside this entire time.

"Do you remember him?" The queen asked.