18

previously, scaramouche had offered to cook dinner for you. such a rare offer; who were you to decline a treat like that? so of course, you went along with him.

so currently, you were both over at a grocery store. he made you push the cart while he took whatever he needed, taking his good god damn time while your stomach was melting from hunger.

"hey, hurry up. i'm really hungry," you whine, giving the groccery cart wheels a little kick. the clanking sound of the metal made him turn towards you with a glare, harsh eyes making you frown.

"be patient. a good meal takes time."

he looked quite comical; two bottles of different brands of soy sauce on both of his hands as he compared them. he looked like an angry asian mother ready to give you an earful for whining too much once you both get home.

"fine. but can i buy a snack while i wait?"

"whatever." he mumbles absentmindedly. "just stop whining."

you scoff at him and take whatever some random chips that were sitting on a random aisle. you unabashedly open the bag, eating the contents as it somehow eased your hunger.

he glances at you, and at the bag of chips. "and this is why you get sick."

"what else am i supposed to eat, then?" you refute.

"proper meals. as a snack, you could've gotten rice cakes, or something. but chips?" he pushes the cart, allowing you eat in peace. you both walk peacefully, not much people to be seen under the bright, harsh lighting of the store seeing as it was already late.

"oh no, sorry, mom. i'll be sure to eat my veggies," sarcastic, you still went on eating your chips. until a realization hit you.

"but hey, aren't you hungry, kuni?"

"nope." he positively says.

"what- how long has it been since you ate?"

"i don't know. i don't really get hungry that easily," he shrugs. "probably got something to do with how raiden always forgot to feed me."

"oh." you remark. "but you don't skip meals now?"

"not like you. i only do when i'm really busy."

"but you're always really busy!"

he sighs, stoping the cart and walking over the shelves to take paper towels.

"no, i meant like when i have an exam coming up or something. don't worry. i take care of myself because if not, then who will?"

"me." optimistic, you nudge him as he returns to put the items in the cart. "i can do that,"

he glances at you with a rare, affectionate smile. you don't catch it though, because you were too busy folding up the now empty bag of chips for the cashier to scan later.

"you can't even cook proper meals for yourself." sighing, he leaned on the cart. "okay, that's everything. so now, you choose dessert."

"wait, really?" the twinkle in your eyes comes back, but you asking him again makes him impatient.

"oh no, of course not! you must've misheard me." he sarcastically says. "go get me three bags of carrots and celery, so we can both turn into fucking rabbits."

you deadpanned, letting his comment slide. you walked away as you approached the fruit section and took a [fruit name] in the shelves.

"here. since you want me to be 'healthy'," you mumble. "but i mean, [fruit name] is yummy."