3

recently, for the past few weeks, you started practicing the piano alone most of the time; your piano tutor was away on a business trip. for you, it was a breeze reading through music sheets so it wasn't that hard practicing alone.

your fingers would just keep gliding on the piano keys that was in the living room, pressing a harmonious set of notes that would make anyone swoon. it was during the afternoon, after school hours.

this was the time when everyone else was away. no one else was in the house; so you just played piano to your hearts content without interruptions. you didn't have your mom around to yell at you to do boring old scales and warm-ups first, and you didn't have to hear ayato's phone ring ten times in six minutes.

mid-performance, you were interrupted when ayato entered living room, along with your big sister, ayaka.

"oh. ayaka!" you greeted, smiling.

"hi, (y/n). practicing the piano?"

you nodded vigorously. ayato hummed in approval, a soft smile on his face. he walked towards you and peered at the music sheets you were reading, his hand making it's way to your head to ruffle your hair.

"good girl, (y/n). i can hear that you've been getting too good with this."

your eyes sparkled upon the compilment. you really loved being seen by your siblings; it was something that your parents usually couldn't do. "thank you! i've been practicing a lot."

he nodded, looking proud.

"also... i have a question. does heizou have purple hair?" he suddenly brought up.

"huh? no! it's... dark reddish. and he has green eyes. why?"

"ah. i'm not sure if you've noticed, but one guy from your school here keeps going to our porch to listen to you play when we're away. he always peers through that window." ayato pointed at the window beside the door outside, and you really were visible from there when you play the piano. "i thought he was your friend, (y/n)."

"really?" you ask in disbelief. you had no purple haired friends.

"yes. sounds like he loves your playing." ayato chuckled lowly, a bright smile on his face. he only told you today but that kid has already been coming over since last, last week.

ayato would always wait for the purple haired kid to run home first before he'd go inside the house, which was always exactly during 5PM. the mystery kid would always listen to your practice sessions every weekday, while still wearing his first grader uniform.

---

"hey, kazuha. ayato is running late today! wanna play?"

kazuha flashed you a wide grin as he vigorously nodded, excitement evident from his eyes. meanwhile, tomo cheered enthusiastically from the doorway of your classroom, waving his bag around. "WOOHOO! i'll call aether! wait,"

kazuha giggled upon seeing tomo so enthusiastic. well, he couldn't blame him. it's been ages since they got to play with you.

"oh, wait. i'm cleaning duty. i'll just take out the trash," you say with a slight smile. kazuha just nodded, his eyes curious as he watched the bird outside the classroom window.

you went outside, lugging the small bag of trash with you. a lot of students were also cleaning around inside their classrooms, since it was now dismissal time.

after throwing out the trash, you were about to go back to your classroom, but you saw a little dog with a headband sitting near the school gates.

it was taroumarou, the dog your big brother always told you about. he told you that it belonged to his best friend, and that you should go pet the dog sometime.