17

you didn't tell anyone about what scaramouche did. it was just a secret shared between the two of you; for now, at least. his friends are shamelessly nosy, after all.

anyway, back to the story.

currently, kunikuzushi's brain could not find peace.

there was this one voice in his head that just wouldn't shut up; it kept bugging and oggling him, like a virus of some sort.

during the morning, half-asleep, he'd be staring at his blurry reflection at the mirror while brushing his teeth.

'hey, would (y/n) be awake during this time of the day?'

upon the realization of this random thought entering his brain, his eyes would widen from surprise. why was he thinking about you?

it worked better than coffee, at least.

and when he was sitting inside the bus on the way to campus.

'hey, what if i bump into her in this bus?'

it was getting annoying; it even popped up in class.

"scaramouche, you answer this."

he stands up and answers confidently, as usual; not until you suddenly pass by the classroom door.

you both briefly catch each other's gaze, and once he does; he stops in his tracks. you smile at him softly as you waved, your presence being so brief.

"scaramouche? continue, please."

"o-oh, uh, right." the small stutter in his voice did not remain unnoticed and it brought confusion to his classmates. never- and i say never, in his whole year that he stuttered in a formal setting in class. he was that competent, and he was always speaking well and confident.

this 'virus' even bugged him when he went on a convenience store trip. he saw a stray cat when he was on his way home and because no one was around, he approached the cat and gave it's chin a little rub. it purred and pressed it's head against his hand, making kunikuzushi scoff with a smile.

"you're alone, huh? if she was here, she'd probably drag you home with her." he absentmindedly says, a smile gracing his lips.

but once the realization settles in, yet again, his face pales.

shit. what's happening to him?

---

xiao

you

hey

xiao

wow never thought you'd
message me first

you

i need advice

xiao

hmm

what is it that you ask me for
it and not tartaglia?

you

no way in hell im telling that
little piece of shit 💀

and you better keep your mouth
shut if you still want to live

xiao

sure

you