Chapter 2: My fake future husband.

I had a really tough time convincing Mom and Dad and I was constantly terribly failing at it. Mom just stopped her serial in the middle when the evil mother in law was about to slap her daughter in law for all the- whatsoever.

"What did you just say young missy?" My Mom who had been laying on the couch stood on her two feet and pointed her finger at my chest. I stepped back.

"Its confidential, so I can't tell you everything but I won't be here for three months nor will I be able to contact you." Mom stepped forward and shot me another glare.

"Are you not talking with your Dad about this?" She asked. I nodded.

"He said do whatever your Mom chooses" Mom narrowed her eyes and huffed.

"That coward! Stupid bloody idiot.. piece of s-" Mom started with her never ending curses and pulling me by hand she dragged me to her bedroom where Dad laid on bed, his eyes scrolling through his phone. "Ali Ayan?" Mom shouted, making him flinch.

He looked at me for answer but then again Mom did all the talking. "Did you give her the permission?" She asked.

"Oh, I would never dare to do such thing without your permission." Dad answered with pure honesty. "She came to ask me but I thought it is you who should decide" he added.

Mom heaved a sigh. "That's absurd" she shot me a glare.

"You don't know how much I refused over the case but I couldn't. The officer put his faith in me and I have accepted the offer. It's important."

"I won't ask anything since you said it's confidential but is it dangerous?" He asked. I bowed my head down.

"Yes, it is" I gave an honest answer.

"Will you be all alone?" He asked. Mom just watched the two us like a ball bouncing back from one player to another in tennis court.

"No, I won't be" Unfortunately.

"Can it be longer than three months?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yes it can be but we'll try our best to end this as soon as possible." I answered.

"Could you make it out alive?" He asked, his voice cracked.

"I hope so." I answered. Trying my best not to break in front of him, it would be difficult for all of us.

"We can't know where you're going, right?"

"No" I answered. Mom looked devastated, she had tears in her eyes, her lips were trembling but she didn't interrupt.

"I want my daughter back and alive in three months, you have my permission if you can keep that promise." Dad said. I nodded and rushed over to embrace him.

"InshaAllah, I'll try my best. And I'm sorry that I won't be able to stay in touch- if there is no news after three months please don't be devastated. I love you guys more than anything in this world and if not in this life, we will meet in heaven, InshaAllah." I said. Dad patted my back, he sniffed up and I silently wiped my tears away before pulling away from him.

I pulled Mom into a hug and she stared wailing. "I still remember the day, I brought you in this house and now you've grown up enough to leave-"

"I will be back, by the grace of Allah Almighty" I answered.

"You ought to be" she said. "I already lost one, I can't lose another" she said, gulping in the bitter reality I nodded. Brushing my mind of the heartbreaking thought I thought about bags. My bags were already packed up by now, I just had to sleep a little and then leave.

After napping for an hour or so, I dropped my clothes on the floor and showered. I changed into a nice embroidered red coloured lawn suit with a green shawl hanging down on my shoulder. I brushed my wet hairs and let them dry themselves so I didn't tie them up into a pony tail like I usually do. Taking up my purse, I dumped in a few cosmetics and all the necessities and walked down the stairs with two suitcases and a hand bag.

"Who will be there to pick you up?" Dad asked.

My fake future husband. "The one going with me on that mission." They had never met Talha so it was still confidential. I didn't leak a secret. He nodded.

"And I can't meet him?" He asked, I know how desperate he must be to see him. Of course a father would want to reassure for the sake of his daughter. If it were my child, I might have asked her to stay home.

"No" I shook my head.

Mom walked into the kitchen and came back with a box, a huge box of- I raised my eyes. "Cookies, for you. Please have them on your way" she requested. I nodded, hugging the best parents in the world and walked out, waving them bye.

No tears, I repeat no tears.. I stared at the sky for my coming tears to settle down and then my eyes drew back to Talha, who just stepped out of his car, his head was the only thing I could see until he came forward and stood in front of me. Gone was the formal attire and crisp white shirt he preferred most of the time. In it's place, he wore a long-sleeved, dark tshirt and jeans, and was standing in Adidas two strap slippers.

My eyes went back to his face and little did I know he was staring at my legs, after a little analysis I found out it wasn't my legs he was staring at but my luggage, his eyes widened. "Dear, wife we are going for three months. Not three years,"

"Dear, husband I won't be wasting my time by washing my clothes every two days. I have criminals to catch." I answered. He didn't bother listening, after all it was hard to think of a comeback so instead he changed the topic.

"Officer Samad is waiting and so is the other staff, if you shut that pretty mouth of yours and focus on your legs instead we will be there in no time."

"Officer Talha, instead of lecturing me fitting my luggage inside your tiny car, would be save plenty of time." I retorted back.

"Officer Maria, it's not my car that is tiny, it is that unnecessary material of yours that is quite bothersome." Not replying to his bickering I opened the door and pushed my luggage inside the car, the second bag didn't fit, Talha also had his bag and handbag on the front passenger chair. My luggage can only fit if I refuse to sit inside the car. Talha also tried his best to push my luggage in but he failed to do so.

"I-"

"Exactly my point, Officer Maria. You'll have to sit on your bags.." well not basically sit but lie down on my luggage so I don't hit the roof of the car. I heaved a sigh and without arguing and wasting more time than we already did, I hopped in and glided over the luggage.

Talha didn't say a word, he sat on his driving seat and pushed it backwards to that I don't fall down with luggage. Very thoughtful of him, I didn't know he had the brains.

He started the car, I ended up bumping my head in the roof twice as the car drove on the breakers but later Talha drove nicely it was pretty much easy. "You know that it is that best time for revenge but I'll be a gentleman" he said.

"You know that I get the best angle of pulling your hairs, but I'll be a lady" I retorted back.

Soon we reached the police station. Officer Samad's eyes widened upon landing on me. I waved from the window. He chuckled but kept his teeth from showing up. Talha opened the window of his car. "Salam, Officer. We must leave before it's too late."

"Off course, the truck with your new furniture will be following you. Agent Hamza is also in there if you need some help but he'll be back. And here take your new phones with SIMs inside them." Officer Samad said. We both nodded even though my head hit the roof two times. "And officers, take care of each other." He added.

Talha looked at me through rare mirror for a brief moment and rolled his eyes away. "We will, Sir." we both said in unison.

Until Talha accelerated and we drove away from everyone we knew.