Relationship and Career

(Vote: Thanks; )

"And he is such a mean person. I mean he fooled me and for what! Cadbury's? Can you imagine it?" I was venting out to Niharika, but she was lost in her own thoughts.

"Where did you go girl?" I shook her shoulders to get her out of her fantasy world.

She smiled." You know sometimes I think, I rushed to get into a relationship...maybe Jiggy would have proposed me if I was single." she said in a girly tone very familiar to me.

I slapped the back of her head." Don't cheat. Ever." I knew she was joking. 

She was a nice girl actually. The one who is into BTS, a Potterhead, she never missed the Kardashian's show but what was really intriguing about her was she was persuing a degree in robotics. She planned to get into that field. Why?

Well, she wanted to create a boyfriend robot which would do everything for his partner. Like cooking, washing, taking her out on a date and even bed stuff (if you know you know). So, if her BFbot (like she called it) was successful she would make a girlfriend robot too.

Honestly, that would be a great idea having a full-time partner, who is never tired of you and doing things for you, who does better than your expectations and asks nothing but electricity in return. But would that truly be a relationship? Would you love the robot? Or would it be just a client-serviceman thing? Surely, it wouldn't cheat on you, and you could cheat on it a thousand times without being guilty, but would you cry on its shoulder, would you yearn for its hug (not sure it that would be warm) after a tough day at work.

I don't know. My views on relationship were heavily instilled upon emotions and gestures of belongingness.

*****

"Hey, Jiggy, nice match ha!" My buddy patted me on my shoulder.

"Honestly, these are kids really, half of them wouldn't even know what's daisy cutter and Audi in cricket language?"  I shook my head marveling at the fact that I did play with the juniors and even won a stupid bet.

"Even I don't know what's daisy cutter...umm." My buddy said it like a son of a fool.

"That's why you are not going to Ranji with me this year." I slapped the back of his head.

Cricket wasn't a game for me anymore. Although it had started as a game but then it turned into passion. And then it turned into something I could make a career in because obviously, I only scored 100s with ball and bat and not with pen and paper (if you know, you know). Since my dad had an established business, I didn't have to think twice before joining the cricket academy. The only reason I was in the Railway institute was because Narayan Mathur sir was coaching here, and he had played numerous Ranjis and was the brother-in-law, the famous cricketer of 90s Suresh Saha. So, I could get coaching as well as connections in inner circle of top cricketers and board member. 

Also, I considered it lucky for me because Mahendra Singh Dhoni started from the Railways....