Whose sister?

My brother, Samarth, was at the striking end of the pitch. He was playing with his regular shoes. Damn! I was late.

And then he saw me. The second most popular guy, Jignesh Patel. He looked at the bag I was handling and came to me running. And what a striking male he is!

"Hi, you are Samarth's sister, right?" he said in his 'I charm all the girls' voice.

"Yes, I am. He asked me to bring him something" I replied.

"You can give it to me. I am in his team."  He brought his hand forwards.

"Ahh, aren't you the part of seniors, he was playing against? " I was sceptic. Why would I handover my brother's lucky shoes to an opponent.

"Um, we later decided we would merge seniors and juniors and then make teams and then you know...play like that." he said hastily.

"Okay..." I said still unsure about it but what to do. It's just shoes.

I hand him over the bag.

"Take care of that. It is important." I warned him and turned around to go out of the institute.

****

"Okay, now tell me who is your brother?" Samarth came home in a rush, sweaty and angry. His hair was a mess, and his cheeks were flushed.

"What! what happened?" I was startled.

"First answer my question!!!" He stiffened his voice.

"You! Now what happened will you tell me? " I shouted at him knowing well what might have happened.

"Then why did you give my lucky shoes to Jiggy sir?" he shouted back. And just then mom came and hushed us both to get out of the house. 

I whispered to him. "Oh damn! You mean Jignesh? He said he was playing for your team, and you were on the strike that time, I couldn't confirm with you." I was on my backfoot. I didn't think this son of a fool JIGGY would create a havoc. God ******* him.

"Oh, come on, you are the sister of a cricketer, you should remember that betting goes hand in hand with cricket." he hissed

"You had a bet with him." I decoded.

"Yes" he said it like he was a pro at betting.

"What kind of bet?" I questioned.

"He heard me while I was at call with you about the lucky shoes. He challenged me that he would sneak the shoes and wear it himself to the field. So, we had a bet." He dusted his helmet.

"For how much?" I didn't like where this conversation was going.

"One big Cadbury's." he began to leave the living room for his room.

"What? You big boys now bet for Cadbury's?" I blocked his path

"Come on Akka, do I earn? The only thing I can afford is Cadbury's." he shifted to the side and gave me wink. He went upstairs but thought of something and came back.

"And by the way, I am giving him the Cadbury's that I promised you. Better luck next time akka." he said with a smile and ran up.