-twenty-six and a half: special !

december 3, 2022

esme was on the phone with zayla and fiona, putting on a fake smile for them both.

"and then boom! he was standing in my bedroom, with one of his favorite sweaters in his arm." fiona said.

miguel had surprised fiona by flying out to florida with a sweater for her.

and zayla's bf quinn, had suprised her with a cute date at a nearby bakery, where he also gave her a sweater.

what was so special about sweaters you ask?

today was december 3, and the girls were die hard fans of conan gray.

in one of his song, titled heather it says, "i still remember 3rd of december me and your sweater ."

it was a known thing for crushes, or lovers to give the other a sweater, on this day.

it was 5 pm, and esme hasn't gotten a sweater from her boyfriend, mason.

they were long distance, so she kind of understood, but so we're fiona and miguel and she still got one.

but then again, mason is busy filming a show called boys of summer so he couldn't have flew from arizon to florida.

"i'll call you guys later, i have to leave for miguel and i's date now." fiona said. "yeah quinn and i are gonna watch the stars and talk." zayla said.

"alright see ya." esme said. "es, i'm sure mason hasn't forgotten. he knows about your love for conan gray." zayla said.

"yeah, come on i'm sure he has something planned." fiona spoke.

"guys it's fine, he's busy filming. i don't mind if i don't get one."

"we know your lying, look he's a good guy. just wait a bit more." zayla said and then waved leaving the call.

fiona and esme hung up and esme laying back onto her beanbag.

except she was tired of waiting, and she did mind if she didn't get one.

last year her boyfriend aaron gave her one, and he's probably giving his new girlfriend one.

she didn't want to get back with him no, but she was jealous of his girlfriend, fiona, and zayla. she wanted a sweater too.

she went on tiktok, and of course her for you page were filled with girls with their boyfriends, the same conan gray melody repeating through the small phone speakers, the boys handing their lovers sweaters.

esme wasn't going to post about not getting a sweater, she didn't want mason to get attacked.

so she did the one thing she didn't want to do, but had to anyway.

essie 💖
why didn't you give me a sweater

"esme, hey. you got a package." her mom stole her awake. her phone was laying next to her off.

her mom had a box in her hand and placed it on the ground. "i have a feeling it's sweet." mrs. smith said winking and leaving.