Feelings

Legoshi's POV:

"L—Legoshi..."

"Yeah?"

"S—so I was wondering..." Jack said, shakily. "We've known each other for a while, right?" My head was occupied with other things, mainly about getting the beetle checked to see if he was still healthy. The plastic clanking had my ears listening to something other than Jack, but his voice was still distinct in the background.

I couldn't guess what he was planning to tell me, gently watching my beetle slowly crawl up my embarrassingly long nails, its scratches holding back my thoughts for a second. "Huh? So what are you getting at?"

His muzzle peeped into the curtains of my bed. "Y—you know you can always count on me!" By each sentence he was speaking faster. "A—and I promise I will never be suspicious or disgusted by anything you do! You like what you like, it doesn't matter! Insects, men, anything is totally fi—"

My arm slammed his torso as Jack grunted. My ears heard the hard thud he made against the wooden floor, his face in fear as equal as mine looking down on him. I was about to send him a whole load of questions about whatever the fuck he's been up to. He blabbered on to save his position in panic, and I didn't hear any word until "PLEASE CLOSE YOUR MOUTH!"

I shut my mouth. "I—I'm so sorry! Jack, I—I can explain!"

His face still drenched off of fear, he said, "Legoshi w—what is that!?" his panting was louder than his actual words.

After a second of calming down, we were stuck on the floor. "Get off me!"

"Alright," I said, calmly. Getting up and taking a seat on the edge of my bed. "J—just... please don't tell anyone."

"Okay." He sat up, his face lightening. "I'm really sorry. I just wanted to read that manga I loaned you and..." He lowered his back, placing down a magazine with a buff shirtless wolf right in front of my feet. "that's when I found this."

I sighed. "I won't tell anyone, I promise you that," he said. I knew what he was about to say afterwards. "It's just..."

"Truth is," I said, "ever since I met this guy wolf, I've been so confused... about my feelings of a guy, to his, a guy, so I wanted to consider it from different perspectives."

"Eh?" Jack sounded confused, though I knew he understood. "Does that mean that... you're in love with him?"

It's difficult to breathe when I think about him.

Things have been much harder to deal with...

How can you call this feeling "love"?

Let's end it while we can, it's not too late.

"Legoshi..?" he said, removing me from my subconscious. "Sorry... I—"

"Nah," I said, seeing his ears perk up just a tiny bit. "I know it's not love. It was my misunderstanding."

"Huh?" Jack said, a clear sense of confusing reigning his face. "Are you sure?"

I smiled, hoping he wouldn't see through me.

I'm used to suppressing my feelings.

I've even learnt how to fake a smile.

That's right. I could go back to being who I was before.