Prey

Legoshi's POV:

It was cold. I could feel the grimy surface of the floor and smell the horrible scent of blood mixed with the sick odor in the air. I could hear water dripping from a tap, or somewhere, and it was the only sound which filled my ears. My head ached as my eyes opened to reveal the foreign room, and in front of me stood a giant figure, who I couldn't clearly make out because of my headache, which made me feel dizzy and see blurrily. Moving my arms, chains shook and metal clanged against each other. I look downwards, seeing chains clenched around my arms and my muzzle.

So it appears to me that I'm in an unusual situation. Am I— am I gonna die here?

"Morning kid," the figure said in a deep voice. He was a giant panda, wearing a yellow buttoned-shirt and blue jeans. His eyes were surrounded with pure black fur, juxtaposed to his pure black eyes, which was seemingly invisible. He walked towards me and stopped abruptly in front of me, to which I threw myself into the bamboo sticks which held the chains I was attached to, trying to escape. "How'r ya feeling?

"I bet you feel like crap."

He grabbed me by the chain strapped onto my neck and lifted me towards his face. He grabbed his stethoscope and threw me back on the ground, lifting my shirt and putting the ice-cold stethoscope onto my chest. "Interesting," he said, "you're awfully calm right now. You're chained up, yet you've got a normal heart rate.

"Take it easy now," he said, removing the muzzle.

I yelled immediately, "What is all this? Where am I!"

I got a blow to the face, a strong punch. It was painful, but not any better than the one I got just before. I groaned and was thrown onto the floor. How long had I been out?

"Let's make one thing clear from the start," he scolded. "You will never be hostile or bare your fangs at me. Do we understand each other?"

He walked backwards and got comfortable on his couch at the other end of the cramped room, as if he hadn't just smacked me so hard that my skull practically shattered. He sat in a very serious manner, eyeing me with whatever eyes he had.

"Sit up," he demanded. He held a button wired to a camera, as if it was some torture device. It was. "I'm the guard here at the Black Market. I've got questions.

"Start with your name," he said, snapping a photo of me which blinded my eyes. I yelled from the sudden flash.

"Legoshi," I replied.

"Legoshi, when did you last devour an herbivore?" he asked. I was surprised of the accusation.

"I never did!"

My eyes convulsed after he snapped another blinding picture. I could hear the photo get printed on his stupid camera. "A carnivore who faints or had a panic attack at the Black Market has likely devoured an herbivore recently; odds are close to 100%."

I looked downwards, reminiscent to my attempted attack, "I almost did. But I snapped out of it."

"More like, you put your mask back on?" he growled, keeping track of my movement as he said those words. I started to hate him, and whatever he was trying to do.

"Look," I said, trying to keep my cool. "Now I know I need to confess to her some day, a-and I will!"

"Wait, you will!?" he answered to the stupid statement. "You almost devoured her and you're still in touch with this girl?

"I can't imagine how you feel while you communicate with her! Do you fantasize about her flavor while you talk to her? You try to plan the best time to devour her?" he said, angered.