LII. The Legion

Just a few minutes after her meeting with the Dean and Sunoo, Minji made sure to organize all the notes she took. From general to specific instructions, Minji sorted and organized the writings on her small notepad by rewriting them on her planner.

News of the fighting scene earlier reached the authorities, that's why they had a meeting. The girls who fought were punished accordingly. Minji thought it was scary though. While she and the others were de-escalating the fight, it seemed like the girls were unconscious. Sure they were very much awake, but unconscious like they being controlled - doing things against their own will. Or maybe Minji's just over thinking it. There was a lot going on anyway, maybe Minji was just seeing things.

While writing down on the planner, Minji recalled what she saw earlier - particularly who she saw: Jungwon. It's been quite a long time since she's last seen him - she hopes he's been doing well. She actually wanted to ask him that, but he already left after the fight was over. And she did have plans of chasing after him, but Heeseung called for her so she wasn't able to catch up with Jungwon.

"I thought Jungwon wouldn't have to keep staying away from us, I was wrong." she uttered a deep sigh as she thought of the sad thought.

Even after all their catching up, it seems that he's going back to being alone for reasons unknown. She really wants to make this better for everyone, but she can't right now since she has too many things to do. And she definitely does not want to not check up on him since that's how his disappearance started the first time.

Luckily, she isn't the only person who is friends with Jungwon. After setting aside her writing materials, Minji brought out her phone and called Jay. Jay seems to be the next closest friend Jungwon has in the circle, so he would be the next best person to check up on Jungwon. And considering Jay is a criminology student, he shouldn't have a super hard time searching for Jungwon's whereabouts.

"Listen, I would love to help you out, but I'm already commissioned to go look for someone. In case you forgot, Jungwon isn't the only one missing in our group, Levi is missing as well. Considering that you saw Jungwon, he seems to be in a good spot right now. However, we haven't seen Levi in so long. With that said, we both know who we should prioritize in terms of looking." Jay explained to Minji why he cannot help her right now.

Amidst Minji's conversation with Jay on the phone, a pair of ears overheard the exchange of words.

"They're beginning to search. I think we may need to hurry up with the plan."

"We need to have Levi in our control. You two need to switch. Katsumi, is Levi already in the sanctum?"

"He's all chained up and unconscious. You may want to head there before he wakes up."

"Good. Proceed with your next task. Haku, guard the sanctum. Drive off anyone if and when they get close."

Through the psychic connection they had, the Succubus, Siren, and Puppeteer make sure their plans are going accordingly.

The puppeteer forms an evil grin on his face.

"Good job handling the issue back there." Jungwon said as he approached Minji.

Minji was of course startled since the voice came out of nowhere, but a happy smile formed on her face as she saw who it was.

"He finally showed up. I guess I was a bit too worried about nothing." She told herself as she put aside her bag, allowing Jungwon to sit right beside her.

"Hi. I haven't seen you in a while, where have you been? Are you okay?" she asked him. It's probably nothing, but she can't help but be a bit anxious every time he's absent for a very long time.