Chapter VI

The festival could be seen on the horizon and even though y/n wasnt exactly excited for its arrival she couldnt do anything about it . Principal Weems was keen for her to join the festival and engage in social interactions with both humans from the nearby village and Nevemore's students. Sighing in desperation , y/n followed the tall woman into the designed area for the festival . "I've got my eyes on you." She said sternly and sat down at one of the tables , eyeing the monochrome girl. Y/n decided that at least she could try to enjoy this break and looked around. Stopping in front of one of the colorful stands , she oberved the game and read its rules . A small smirk played on her lips as she handed the money and grabbed one of the arrows , throwing it with impressive precision towards the red baloons. This was easier than she expected she thought while the seller put on the stand , in front of her a huge teddy bear. "Could you please distract her?" She  mumbled while holding a 10 dollars bill in front of her . As soon as the man seen the money he nodded and grabbed the stuffed animal , rushing towards the table where Miss Weems was enjoying a burger. Taking this oportunity , y/n sneaked away from the sharp eyes of the principal and dissapearing into the crowd. What she didnt notice was the pair of eyes looking at her silhouette , the green pair of eyes. Xavier was leaning against one of the nearby stands , observing the monochrome girl and making sure she didnt get in trouble. Although , as soon as she left her previous place , he started searching for her as his gut feeling was telling him something was about to happen. Y/n was standing still and gazing at the fireworks , it wasnt as impressing as she was expecting it to be. What caught her attention was the figure of a boy running into the woods. Without giving it a second thought , she dashed after him . She didnt understand why she did it because she certainly didnt care if something happened to the guy yet there she was , running after an unfamiliar face into the woods when a monster was running free. The monochrome girl was searching through her mind and trying to remember the name of this person when suddenly it clicked 'Rowan'.
"Rowan dont go in the woods!" She yelled after him while trying to regulate her breath . Suddenly , the boy stopped in his tracks and turned around , facing  the main character.
It all happened too fast . Y/n's back was held against the hard surface of one of the trees as an unknown force was cutting her source of oxygen. Even though her facial expression wasnt showing any fear , deep into her heart she knew she was a bit afraid of what was about to come. "Because of you Nevermore will be destroyed" he yelled and tigthened his grip using , what Y/n realized was , telekinesis .
Instead of being greeted by the death's cold embrace , she felt the grip around her neck suddenly released. Struggling to keep her eyes open she met a huge pair of eyes. She never seen such eyes before.. they didnt look human and she quickly understood that the eyes belonged to a monster . The grayish skin and the body structure was something she never seen before. What surprised her even more was that the monster attacked Rowan instead of her . Obviously she was an easier prey rather than the dark haired boy , yet the monster didnt seem interested in her. Looking away from her , the bizzare creature quickly left the area , fading into the thick fog and the poorly lit woods. Before she could have the chance to move she felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her , holding her protectively. Looking up , she was greeted by Xavier's eyes , something in her heart melted when he lifted her up , bridal style and held her against his chest . She could hear the way his heart was beating and judging by both the rithm and his tight hold,  he was more than just worried about her well being. Catching of glimpse of the corspe she noticed the massive cuts and how deep they digged into his flesh. The green eyed guy flashed a weak smile in an attempt to reassure her while he was walking out of the forest. Telling the officers and the principal he decided to not let you go , afraid that the danger would still be lurking around. A part of you was soo happy that someone cared about you and you appreciated it , although- you wouldnt tell him that. Feeding a guy's ego is worse than anything.