Chapter Five - QUIDDITCH TRY-OUTS

Author's Note: - I was trying to stay away from wattpad until after my exams but then, I was inspired because of You Who To I Dedicate This Chapter! *giggles manically while looking shifty* Without further ado then?

Picture Credits to: captbexx.deviantart.com

Advanced Potions was not one of Scorpius' most favourite subjects, the constant heat and menagerie of heady smells gave him phlegm and the stuffy closed up dungeons amplified his claustrophobia.

But he was good at it and eased through his O.W.Ls so well he decided it would be one subject for his N.E.W.Ts where he wouldn't have to work too hard. He was precise in everything he did; a habit he picked up from his mother and precise measurements was the secret to mastering Potions.

The humid dungeons also had adverse effects on their Potions Mistress' thin yellow hair, slicking it flat onto her head like a dry lemon meringue and her pallid cheeks fevered with burns. The result left her constantly looking discoloured and queasy.

Professor Desolé Chaudron had been sent on a loan to Hogwarts from Beauxbatons when her predecessor Slughorn had decided to suddenly run away from his duties. Perilla Finnegan said that McGonagall had bribed her with a room and study in the South Tower and though she was well over her deadline, Professor Chaudron showed no interest in going back.

She swept once over the class that Monday afternoon, blinking watery eyes at each of their cauldrons as the students worked in pairs creating the Draught of Living Death, and then leaned back on her chair with a wet handkerchief across her eyes.

Scorpius waited until he was sure she wouldn't get up again, and siphoned Al's gamer from under his desk. He still had two more of those adorable Pokémon to catch before he became Lord of the Waterworld.

Muggles called it a PSP, Al had told him though not what 'PSP' stood for. Scorpius was struck by the sheer complexity of the little device and the knowledge that Muggles had created this without the help of magic.

Perilla Finnegan wandered over looking for her misplaced sloth brain. 'Are you going for the try-outs today Scorpius?'

'Eh?' He didn't look up from the screen.

He saw her lean on the table from the corner of his eye. 'Today is the try-outs for the Hogwarts Quidditch team right? Aren't you going? Yaul Dunbar said he's going to try for Keeper.'

'No, not really.'

'Why?'

'I'm not really interested. Besides, it's not like there is no other Seeker who can take that place.'

He gleefully engaged a wild Pokémon in a battle and made a silent fist pump when he won. He didn't see Perilla Finnegan leave.

Beside him, Al was reading halfway through the seventh book from the big pile he had borrowed the night before.

'Did you know?' He gasped for breath suddenly pulling his nose out of the book to try to focus on Scorpius' face. 'Did you know that Shamatha Khenchen is situated on the tallest mountain range in the world?'

Scorpius arched an eyebrow. 'What's Shamatha Khenchen?'

Al rolled his eyes and clicked his tongue as he always did when he thought Scorpius was a poor little rich boy who didn't know anything that was worth knowing. 'I've been telling you all morning!'

'So I'm stupid, I need to be told more than once, Al, come on?'

Al sighed and Scorpius hid a secret smile. He knew his best friend just loved telling stories.