Chapter Two: He's Not Interested

Start from the beginning

"You know who I am?"

That's seriously all he got from that?

Yeah, he was told that Wonwoo may have been talking about him with Joshua; but then again, Hansol also could have been just pulling his leg. He often said things to get a rise out of people. And with the comment that there's people who won't fall victim to his charm, definitely caught Mingyu's interest. He wouldn't be here trying to get a block of ice in human form to swoon if not.

"Of course" Even if he said it monotonous, attention going back to his show (that he now has to rewind because he missed a few scenes), Mingyu couldn't help but let his lips twitch upwards. This was a step. One step closer to having a snarky gem under him, and one step closer to earning at least one-hundred and forty dollars. "The whole campus should know who you are. You're practically the best player on the soccer team. That is if the captain Choi Seungcheol wasn't just a tad bit better."

A smirk. The ravenette with a low voice smirked. The other doesn't know whether he should feel accomplished or offended.

"You watch us play? Watch me play?" Mingyu brought a grin back. He craned his neck, hoping to see Wonwoo's entire face again. Don't get him wrong, the elder has a perfect side profile, but the view that was everything is so much better. Now he understands why he has so many suitors. Wonwoo is far from ugly. If anything, with a little style change, he could be mistaken for a model.

This bet just got so much better.

Now the elder was snickering. With the flash of a smile, the two caught eyes once again.

"Do you honestly think I go to your soccer games for you? To be one of your little fans? Ya' know, the brainless ones who push and shove each other on the bleachers, screaming thinking that if they strain their throat enough, you'll finally notice them?" The problem with the question was that Mingyu doesn't know if the other was being serious or not. He had a gleam in his eye, pretty red lips switching between being a grin and a line. Either way, the younger of the two nods.

"You can be," He slithered a hand until it rested lazily upon Wonwoo's knee. An action that immediately had the reciever glancing down and looking skeptically. "I'll even let you wear my spare jersey. It'll make it easy for me to spot you before I kick the winning goal."

"You're quite the smooth talker, huh?" It was said as he grabbed Mingyu's hand and then put it back in his own lap. Another hint to show that Wonwoo did not want any association with the taller. Mingyu looked a little dejected at that; but then again he refuses to give up so easily. After all, it's only the first day. He has tons of time left. The spring charity dance wasn't for another month. He could easily get Wonwoo to succumb to what he likes to call his irrestistable personality. "Sorry, but those empty words won't make you appealing" Ouch. "Besides, I don't attend the games for you. Nor do I think I ever will. Because again Kim Mingyu," Wonwoo leant forward just slightly, a tight smile stretching his face. "I'm not interested."

He grabbed his belongings then. Throwing his bookbag over one shoulder, while he shoved his phone in his jacket pocket. He was grabbing the little bit of trash that was still scattered upon the table, when the persistent jock quickly jumped from his seat and grabbed for one of Wonwoo's hands. The legs on the chair gave a screeching sound as it slid against the polished floor. The bespectacled man was shocked by the hold, eyes widening and lips parting in a silent gasp.

"How can I make you interested?" That's quite forward. Not that he hasn't been for the past few minutes that they've been talking. Mingyu kept his hold on Wonwoo as he stepped closer, bringing them toe to toe. It was quite endearing to see the ravenette just slightly crane his neck in order to look the younger in the eye. The way he seemed baffled was quickly replaced by his typical blank stare. "Come on, I wouldn't be trying this hard if you didn't catch my eye Jeon Wonwoo."