54.

As Hort dragged you, "why can't you deal with it?"

"my boys tried but i realise it's better with you there. End things more quickly, you know"

When you reached to the class, you were in shock as the Nevers were bullying Ace, throwing things at him and calling him names. You shouted, "enough!" as your fiery head flamed up in hot red. The Nevers jerked and stopped, bowing their heads as you rushed to Ace. He was trembling and you hugged him, "its okay im here"

"what is going on?!" Lesso arrived.

you let go of the hug and looked at the kids in anger, your eyes went red, "i am disappointed in all of you. so this is what all of you had planned to do with your powers. I'll say you all are pathetic for doing so"

"i'll fill you in" Hort said as he dragged Lesso away.

"as punishment, you will be suspended for using your magic till you have learned your lesson" you snarled as you used your magic to remove their power from them, them feeling pain in the process.

"where is the teacher?" they pointed to the frog and you turned him back. you looked at the kids, "disappoint me again and your powers won't be the only thing you'll lose" you snarled before getting Ace out of the classroom. Once you dragged Ace far away from the classroom, he immediately hugged you.

"why didn't you defend yourself?"

"I-i couldn't..."

you sighed, "ace, you gotta stand up for yourself, no matter how weak you think are. You are not an underachiever, you're afraid of what more you could be. Don't. You're a Never"

"you're just saying that to make me feel better. You know I'm not strong"

"Ace, look at me. Look at me." and he did, "why do you think evil have won for these few years?"

"because you helped them?"

"because they weren't afraid to adventure out their abilities. Nobody is born weak or strong, Ace. It's up to you to choose that. Now, you have your magic, fully at your will. Use this time to play around and explore. Do whatever. Nothing is a stupid move. Explore means doing all kinds of things" you held onto his hand, "use your magic and explore. Let your dark side grow" your eyes glowed red.

"I'll do my best"

"that's the spirit. now go back to class"

"you won't be mad if i did something to them?"

"just don't go killing them and I'm all good" you winked at him and he nodded before leaving.

"no killing, huh?" you turned to your wife, "such an Ever"

"I'm a Never"

"and a half Ever"

"would you have me been an Ever then, my love?"

"oh god, no" she giggles and so did you.

"my love"

"hmm?"

"thank you"

"for?" she titled her head.

"for keeping me sane"

"you're welcome?" she chuckles, "wait what's wrong?"

"just a sudden feeling from the past"

"my dear, it's been 7 years"

"and I am still thankful to have you every day" you kissed her.

"and I'm grateful to have you, my love"

Hort cleared his throat, "i apologies but there are kids here"

"sorry" you raised your hands in surrender mode, "but i can't resist when my wife is in front of me"

"I guess the head master has to go the doom room then" Lesso teased.

"not the doom room" you acted scared and Hort playfully rolled his eyes as he facepalmed, "oh my god..."

"as much as i would love to stay with you, it's time for my lesson"

"do you really have to go?" you pouted.

"oh don't be a baby, my love" she gave you a peck on the lips before leaving.

"you're such a child when you're with her" Hort faked gagged, acting disgusted.

"hmm reminds me of someone back then~"

"shut up" Hort said in his serious tone, and you snickered.

"you're a devil, you know that" and you just shrugged in response. He sighed before walking away.

"hey~" you heard it again, the voice.

"you haven't answered my question earlier" you growled.

"you better want to stop talking before the kids find you crazy. I'm in your head"

"so you can hear my thoughts?" you started talking mentally.

"indeed, I can"

"answer my question, how are you me?"

"I'm your evil side. Your Never side"

"so like my conscious?"

"you can say that"

"if you've always been my conscious, why am I only hearing you now?"

"pure destruction magic"

"huh?"

"you've chosen your side. you've chosen good over evil and with pure destruction, I'm here to take over"

"wait, so you're my Never side and you've been mad that I'm not pure evil so you want to take over my body. Yeah, good luck with that"

"I can't fully take control over you but I can persuade you into becoming evil again. Your Ever side is weakening you. You've decided to playhouse with these kids but you know deep down that you want to take over the world"

"you're wrong. I was given a second chance-"

"and you chose love? You do know with the power you possess; you can have everything. Be the ruler of the world and have lesso by your side"

"no, that's just force love. I will not do that to my wife"

"hmph. I miss the old y/n. Who wanted to spread pure evil all over the world. You were the chosen one to do just that but yet, you chose love. Such an Ever"

"just like the storian said, I'm a half Ever and a half Never-"

"and you're the most powerful. Why can't you see that?"

"because ruling over the world doesn't benefit me. What can't you see that?"

"as your evil side, i would never see that but just weakness. I have grown tired living with your good side. It's time for the evil you to rise again"

"you can try as much as you want but I'm not going back"

"we'll see about that. Do you remember the person who attacked Hort?"

"it was you, wasn't it"

"more precisely, it's you. Your darkness is slowly rising and eliminating all obstacles"

"what is your source?"

"whatever do you mean?"

"as my conscious, you aren't able to speak to me like this. There must be something that is causing it"

"hehe, oh y/n. I'm you. The source of me is you. Deep down, you want the whole world but yet, your good side is defeating you and so~ I'm here to help you"

you sighed, "I am not God. I can't have everything. I will lose one if I chose the other!"

"so let's say if you haven't met Lesso, you would have taken over the world for pure evil?" but you kept quiet, "hmm, highly noted. This was a nice chat with you" and with that, the voice disappeared.