Chapter 4: Guys like you are why girls turn lesbian

Start from the beginning

   "Babe, you started this little insult fight, it's not my fault guys are just way smarter than girls," he answers.

"Care to repeat that? I don't think i heard you correctly," I say and stop again, causing Hunter to stop his car.

  "Oh, i think you heard exactly what i said," Hunter says.

"Why do you insist on ruining my life? Can't you just leave me alone?" I say tiredly.

   "I have been trying to save you from this down poor, ok? I was seriously not trying to do anything or start a fight, i swear," he says and i stare at him trying to figure out if he is telling me the truth.

 "Promise to just take me home and no pranks tonight?" I ask him and he nods slowly.

I sigh and open the passenger side door and hop into the car. Hunter grins at me before starting to drive down the road.

 "Don't look so happy," I mutter.

"Is it a crime to be happy, babe?" He asks and i scowl at him.

  "Stop calling me babe," I snap but his grin just widens.

"You know you like it, you just can't admit it,"

  "Uh, i don't know that that's a thing i know," I reply.

"Just keep telling yourself that, "

 "Jeez, you are so exasperating," I mumble.

"That's a sign that you care about me," he says quickly and i stare at him in confusion.

"How in the world did my sentance mean that i care about you? I despise you," I say honestly and Hunter smirks.

   "Wow, don't hold back, Raya, tell me how you really feel,"

"Whatever, thanks for the ride," I say and hop out of the car when he pulls up to my house.

"Anytime, babe,"

  "Stop. Calling. Me. That," I say between clenched teeth and storm into my house with the sound of Hunter's laughter following me.

HUNTER'S POV:

I drive home after dropping Raya off at her house and sigh. This is going to be way harder than i origanlly thought. I mean, i knew it would be extremely hard anyway, but it just really hit me how much harder it's going to be.

  The only thing is, i can't back out. If i do, i lose my motorcycle, and i basically just bought it with my own money that i earned last summer.

  "Hunter? Is that you?" Mom calls and i roll my eyes.

   "Yeah, it's me," I reply.

"Why are you home so late? Do you know how long we have been waiting to eat dinner?" Mom snaps as i walk into the dining room.

   "Sorry, i had to drop off a friend whose car broke down," I say and Mom narrows her eyes at me.

"You better not be lying to me,"

   "Mom, will you just take a chill pull? Ok, you guys could have eaten without me, everybody knows we don't along when we eat dinner anyway. We always find something to fight about," I snap.

"Do not talk to your mother like that, Hunter! Get out of here! You can come back home when you learn to respect your mother and I," Dad demands and i clench my fists.

 I shake my head at them before grabbing my coat and storming out of the house. I grab my phone and call Jerron.

   "Yes?" He answers.