(53) Reunion

Amelie Leclerc

I had gone for a run to the beach to try to get back into my routine, but it was impossible for me to do it without avoiding thinking about everything that was happening in my life right now. I would lose Monako very soon, I had just graduated from law and had been fired even though I had applied for the job of my dreams, I was not assured of that even though I was in the course, very recently I had assumed the last name Leclerc and everything that entails and last but not least had ended with Lando something that never existed.

There's a reason they say that almost something hurts more than something.

I inadvertently ran more than my goal and got a little worried about leaving Monako alone for so long, so when I saw she had run two more miles I went back as fast as I could.

I didn't expect to find Lando when I opened the door to my apartment on the ground next to our dog.

I had completely forgotten that he had a key to my house from living with me this past summer. Or maybe he had entered with the spare key that he always left outside in case he forgot the traditional one.

I didn't want her to be home again, but seeing Monako play after not playing for so long made me let her stay.

"What time did you come?" I asked curiously, he seemed surprised to see me.

"Last night," he replied very dryly. I know you don't want him here, but I really needed to see him.

"If you come to say goodbye, it's fine." I raised my shoulders as a sign that I don't care and continued on my way to the kitchen to prepare myself something to eat and serve Monako her food.

Entering this house the phone rang and I couldn't answer, since Lando took it first,

"Hello?" I greet the person who was on the other line.

"Now I'll give it to you," he said after a few minutes listening.

"It's Charles," he warned me and passed the phone so he could talk.

"Good morning," I spoke in French so that the British would not fully understand what we were talking about.

Charles replied on the other end of the line. "Hi Amélie, how have you been?"

"Normal, I guess you're speaking for Monako, right?"

"Yeah, I wanted to know how you come across that."

"Bad, but I guess I have to let it go." The tears were starting to come out of my eyes again, so I went back to the kitchen and served yogurt on two plates with some blueberries and granola.

"Eat," I told Lando putting his plate on the table and sitting next to him like we used to for breakfast.

"How long did they tell you he had left?" he continued the conversation with my brother.

"It depends on his attitude and how I give him good moments that bring him happiness," I commented on what the doctor told me.

"Will Lando stay?" He changed the subject a bit.

"No, he's just coming to say goodbye," I assured him and I hoped it was like that.

"Well sister, I'll leave you, I must see some things. Keep me up to date on the situation, please" he said goodbye to me and hung up the call.

It was still a bit strange that after fighting for months we now got along so well and were there for each other.

"I'm not just here to say goodbye," Lando told me when I put the phone down on the table.