II REUNION

The Talon arrives at Mt. Bashenga, and you start climbing the steps to the lab, with Okoye behind you. It's a lot of stairs, and a lot of time to get lost in worry.

What if she doesn't want to see you?

What if she isn't your best friend anymore?

You feel like the anxious kid on the elementary school playground, instead of a college graduate. Surely, you shouldn't have this knot in your stomach, should you? This feels different. Terrifying. Too soon after, you arrive at the door. God, give me strength. You knock. The door opens. 

   You freeze. You don't move, breathe, or speak. Okoye catches up to you and gives your hand a squeeze for reassurance. You hear an unfamiliar girl's voice and that spurs you forward. Then you see Shuri, she's bent over the table, with the girl that you're guessing the voice belongs to.

   All of Okoye's words, and your previous worries fade away as you run to hug your best friend. She looks up and notices you. "IMANI?? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Shuri picks you up and spins you around. Hm, I guess the heart shaped herb really has its effects.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so fucking sorry." Is all you can say through your tears. "Um, what do you mean?" Shuri pulls back from the hug and wipes the tears from your cheeks. "You haven't done anything! I'm the one who ghosted you!" You take a raggedy breath. "I mean with your mom, and your brother, and you're black panther, and the Queen, and your country flooded and-" your ramble is cut of by the girl standing next to you. "Plus, she almost lost me." You look her up and down. This bitch? Who tf- "who are you?" She extends a hand. "Riri Williams. The Queens partner and assistant." Shuri notices your arched eyebrow and clarifies. "LAB partner, not PARTNER partner" Oh, phew. Wait- why are we happy? "Um, anyway," Shuri continues. "I'm so glad you're here! I missed you so much!"

   Shuri wants to spend as much time with you as possible, so you end up on the couch in your room watching a movie. Some stupid American romcom. Halfway through, you become distracted from the movie by someone playing in your hair. You look up from Shuri's lap and see her brown eyes staring into yours. This moment is different than any you've ever experienced before. Something that you've only felt in the deepest part of your being. You let out a nervous chuckle. "What do you want?" "You." She answers. 

   She kisses you, deeply. At first, you pull back, but then, you kiss her back. "I. Want. You." She give you a light kiss at the end of each word, emphasizing it. You smile, "I want you, too"

The movie can wait

VOTE AND COMMENT!