Chapter 02

Jeff's Pov

After yesterday, James has been talking to me more friendly. No one can tell that we met each other just yesterday. He's very open and free minded. The thing I like about him the most is that he doesn't hesitate to speak what's in his mind. He also told me that he lives with his mother in an apartment. Their parents got divorced due to some reasons. I didn't ask him much because I wanted to make him comfortable and not everyone is comfortable with sharing their past. He also has a sister who lives in another city. Her name is Anna. I wonder if she's beautiful as he is. I mean, he's handsome but she might be beautiful.

"Oh, Jeff!" I heard Mrs.Cameron as she came to me once again. "I can't use this device. Please help me." I smiled at her silliness. She stood in front of me, with glasses on and an android phone in her hand. "How do I help you?" I asked. "I want to call my husband but I can't see that green thing anywhere." She complained like kid. "May I?" I asked while taking the phone from her and she gave me.

I opened the phone log and asked for her husband's number. After she gave me the number, I saved it and gave it back to her. "It's done. Just click on this and enter his name, you'll see his contact. Just tap on this phone logo and the call will be sent." I smiled as I gave her the phone back. "Thank you, son. I'm sorry for bothering you but this old woman has become too old to understand such things." She laughed.

"It's alright. Now I may get back to work." I said and went to clean the counter. The cashier was a girl and I didn't meet her yet. I saw her a couple of times yesterday but never talked to her. She had blonde hair and she's a bit chubby which makes her look cute. She was scrolling through her phone as the customers were now buying their stuff and she was free. I went to her. "Hey Jeff." She said without even looking up from her phone. "Hey." I replied. "Do you need any help?" She asked as she looked up to me with her brown eyes. "No, but I have to clean the counter." She made an 'Oh' face and shifted back.

I took the wet cloth and started wiping the counter. After I was done, I called her "Uh, hey, it's done." I said and she nodded. I was going back when she said "My name is Nicky." I smiled. "Okay, Nicky."

The day was going to an end when again someone came in. I was helping James refill the stock of cereals. I didn't pay much attention to the person who just entered. I looked at my watch and it was 9:47 pm. The shop closes at 10. I sighed and stood with James as he stocked the cereals and I stood with the basket filled with it. "Are you tired? You can rest." He said. "No, I'm not. I'm fine." I smiled.

I heard a deep voice call out to me. "Excuse me." I turned around and saw a very, VERY handsome man. He was around 6'1 and he had a bulky body. I'm sure he's Hulk's cousin. "Yes?" James asked. "I need to find the section for cigarettes and beers." He said in his very deep voice. If he ever commanded me to get down on my knees, I wouldn't even hesitate. "Jeff, you can help him. I'll handle here."

"Okay." I asked the man follow me and I took him to the cigarette section. We had variety of cigarettes and the most famous one was 'Light'. He took 2 packs of light. "Beer?" He said and once again, I was walking and he was following me. The beer and alcohol section was in the last. He took out five cans of beer and asked me to hold them and I couldn't say no.

He was looking at the fridge, finding something. "Do you need something else, sir?" I asked and he looked at me. His eyes were green in which I was getting lost. "I need Walker's Alcohol." He said. "I'm sorry, sir. We don't have that."

"Maybe you can check if you have it inside?" I decided to ask James if we had that alcohol. "I'll ask someone to check it for you, sir." He nodded. "By the way, are you single, little one?" I found that name a bit weird but ignored. I gave him a fake smile. "I'm sorry-"

"You just have to say, Yes or No." I blinked a few times before saying. "Y-Yes." He nodded again "Perfect."

I found him a bit weird. I excused myself and went to James. "James, do we have Walker's Alcohol? The man is asking for it." James had done refilling the stocks and now Nicky wanted to leave the shop as soon as possible but because of the man, she stayed. "No, we don't have any. I'm sorry, sir." I turned around and saw the man behind me.

"I see. Then I'll just get these." I totally forgot that I still had the beer cans with me. "Can you help me with those?" I nodded and went to the cashier. I placed them on the counter. "Nicky, bill them please." I smiled to her and she started with her work.

The man kept his eyes on me which made me uncomfortable but I ignored it. After he was done, he made his way out. Nicky decided that she would close the shop and James and I left the keys with her. My house was opposite to James so we went our way.

I was walking when a black car stopped right beside me.