Chapter 6 - Date Night

Bradley's POV
As I was leaving the locker room, I smiled as I checked my phone to see that Emily had texted me back, telling me that she would see me soon.

When I got to my truck, Phoenix shoved me up against my truck and tried to intimidate me.

"What are you doing, Phoenix?" I asked with a frown.

"I heard you're going out on a date with Falcon tonight," she replied. I shrugged.

"You mean Emily. Yeah. I'm taking her out tonight. Why?"

"Because she's my friend. And you're my friend too so I want to make sure that you have the perfect date with her tonight. What were you planning on doing with her tonight?" Phoenix asked.

"Well, I was going to do some things with her that we used to do as kids," I replied. Phoenix nodded.

"Alright. Tell me your whole plan," she said. I rolled my eyes and began to tell Phoenix my whole plan for tonight.

When I was finished, Phoenix seemed to like my plan.

"That sounds great. Just don't screw it up. Emily loves you and you love her too, but, if you ever break her heart, I'll hit you with a pool stick in worst places than your stomach." Phoenix threatened, pointing her finger in my face. I clenched my jaw, shocked at Phoenix's threat.

"Phoenix, I promise, I'm not going to break Emily's heart. I love her too much to do that," I replied, pushing Phoenix's finger out of my face. Phoenix sighed and shook her head.

"Ok. See you tomorrow, Rooster."

I nodded to her and got into my truck. I started it up and drove to my house. I still had a lot to prepare for tonight.

Emily's POV
At around 5 o'clock, Bradley came to pick me up. He had his aviator sunglasses atop his head and he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt, a white t-shirt, and jeans. He was pretty much dressed the same way he had been when I first saw him at the Hard Deck.

I was wearing a floral sundress I had bought a few weeks ago. I could tell that Bradley was checking me out as I stood in my doorway. It didn't matter much to me. I was checking him out too.

We walked out to Bradley's truck and Bradley opened the passenger door for me so I could get in. I sat down and Bradley closed the door behind me. He then got in the driver's seat and started up the car.

"Where are we going?" I asked excitedly. Bradley shrugged.

"You'll see,"

When Bradley pulled up to the house he was renting while he was here for the mission, I didn't understand why. I looked at him and he had a big smile on his face.

Bradley took me inside and the table was set nicely with two plates and candles were lit. I laughed when I saw what was in the center of the table. A pizza box.

Bradley blushed when he noticed me laughing.

"Sorry. I'm not much of a cook," he muttered. I smiled.

"That's okay. I love pizza," I said. Bradley smiled and nodded.

"Good. Let's eat then,"

When we were finished with our pizza, Bradley took me out back to the porch. I smiled warmly when I saw what Bradley had done.

Bradley had laid out a blanket on the back porch for us to sit on. He set it out so we could watch the stars.

"Oh, Bradley, I haven't done this since we were kids." I explained. Bradley smiled, his hazel eyes looking deep into mine.