13. Secrets

Eren's POV

Ping. Ping.

Eren groaned as he rolled over, squinting at his phone screen in the dark. It was only a few minutes after midnight, you had both fallen asleep just a little while ago.

There was an unknown number coming up in the texts mixed in with ones from Sasha, Jean, and Connie.

Jeanboi -

9:01pm - Yo where are you

9:47pm - Uhhh you guys coming?

10:32pm - Dude stop torturing y/n and get your ass down here

Sash -

11:11pm - WHERES MY GIRLFRIEND?????

Connie (aka lame) -

10:57pm - I hope it was worth ditching us u loser

10:58pm - (it def was 😏)

Unknown -

12:03am - sleep with one eye open

Eren scoffed when he read the last text, rolling his eyes and tossing his phone onto his nightstand. He rolled back over to face y/n, smiling to himself as he pulled her back close to his chest and brushed her messy hair out of her face. As soon as he closed his eyes, his phone began ringing.

"What the fuck." He whispered, turning over and seeing Zeke's name on the screen. He unlocked his phone and held it up to his ear, not saying anything. He knew Zeke was well aware that Eren was asleep and not in the mood.

"Dad is going to be in town. We need to meet with him." Zeke said plainly, waiting for Eren to respond.

"Where?" Eren whispered, slowly sitting up in bed and leaving the room so he didn't wake y/n.

"The house. Do you still have the key?"

Eren nodded to himself and turned the light on in the kitchen, rubbing his eyes. "Yeah."

"Good. I'll pick you up at eight. Shiganshina is a far drive."

"Yeah." Eren repeated himself before hanging up and placing his phone on the counter.

He sighed to himself, staring at the floor for a moment before opening a cabinet and grabbing a small glass and filling it with a few ice cubes. He then took a bottle of whiskey from their liquor cabinet and poured it onto the ice, placing the bottle down before drinking the entire glass and pouring another.

Eren and Zeke's dad, Grisha Yeager, was formerly an emergency room doctor that had gotten his hands dirty with the mob that ran their city when he was tight for money. He was now stuck working for them, constantly mending their men's gunshot wounds and heists that went wrong,  and occasionally met with his sons to give them money. He tried not to get them involved after an incident had gotten Eren's mother killed by the mob boss, Willy Tybur. Eren was only ten when it happened, and was the one to find her body. He seldom talked about it and all of his friends knew that something horrible had happened but only Armin and Mikasa knew the actual details.

Eren sighed as he finished his second glass and placed it in the sink, putting the bottle back before putting his jacket on followed by his shoes and heading out the front door.