Ch. 7 - RESTRAINT

Start from the beginning

"I am part of an online gaming community that battles mythical creatures..." Stiles said earnestly and Allison nodded, "Oh... Great." 

"Okay, does it say how to find out who's controlling him?" Scott asked and Allison shook her head. "Not really, but Stiles was right about the murderers." She said, making Stiles pump his fist in victory, "Yes!" He whispered. "It calls the Kanima a 'weapon of vengeance'. There's a story in there about this South American priest who uses the Kanima to execute murderers in his village." Allison explained. 

"All right, see? So, maybe it's not all that bad." Stiles said before Allison could finish, "Until the bond grew strong enough that it killed whoever he wanted it to." She said as she opened a book, trying to look inconspicuous. 

"All bad. All very, very bad." 

"Here's the thing, though. The Kanima's actually supposed to be a Werewolf, but it can't be-" Allison explained but stopped when the library went to put a book up. 

"Until it resolves that in its past which manifested it." Scott read out loud, "Okay, if that means that Jackson could use a few thousand hours of therapy, I could've told you that myself." Stiles said. "What if... it has something to do with his parents? His real parents?" Allison suggested and Scott shrugged, "Yeah, does anybody actually know what happened to them?" He asked. "Lydia might." Stiles said, making Scott look at him. 

"What if she doesn't know anything?" Scott said and Allison shrugged slightly, "Well, he doesn't have a restraining order against me, so I'll talk to him myself." Allison said and Scott nodded. 

"Okay, what do I do?" Scott asked making Allison looked at him with raised eyebrows, "You have a make-up exam, remember?" She said, making him look over at Stiles who nodded in agreement, making Scott sigh and look back at Allison. "If he does anything, you run the other way." Scott said and Allison nodded slightly, "I can take care of myself." She said. 

"Allison, if you get hurt while I'm busy with some stupid test, someone's going to need to take care of me. If he does anything-" Scott said and Allison raised her eyebrows, "Like?" She asked. "Anything weird, or bizarre- anything." 

"Anything evil." Stiles said, sticking his head through the shelves, almost hitting his forehead in the process. Allison raised her eyebrows before pushing Stiles's head back through the shelves, making a few books fall in the process which made him quickly scramble to catch them. 

After they've all left, over at the end of the bookshelf, Nabina snapped the book she was reading shut. She glanced back at where the three once stood before smiling to herself, putting the book up and walking away. 

🦎 

"And you're sure it's him?" Derek asked as he and Nabina stood around the railway depot. "Yeah, they were very clear about it. Honestly, for a werewolf, Scott is very bad at paying attention to his surroundings." Nabina said as she leaned against the doorway of the train. After school Nabina went straight to the railway Depot while Erica had gotten detention with Scott, Stiles, Allison, Matt and Jackson. 

"So then the Kanima is still affected by its own venom when it's human." Derek said and Nabina nodded, "Which means from now, no more bullshit tests that don't prove anything to begin with." She said. Derek looked over at her to see her mindlessly rubbing her arm where her scar is. Something she does a lot when she's thinking, thinking about the supernatural specifically. 

"Have you found out yet?" He asked, snapping her out of her thoughts as she looked at him, "What you are?" He asked and she sighed. "A witch. But not a regular Witch. I guess you could call me a Chaos Witch. According to my mom, my magic is chaotic, hard to control, possibly dangerous. That's all I really know about it right now." Nabina said as she sat down on one of the seats and Derek sat down on the one across from her. 

"Will you be able to learn more about it? And get control? He asked and she shrugged slightly, "My mom called my grandma and she's supposed to be coming down during spring break and staying until the end of the summer. She'll be able to know more about this and hopefully know how I can get control." Nabina said and Derek nodded. 

"You know you can come to me if you need help." Derek said and Nabina raised her eyebrows, "I would hope so considering you are my Alpha." She said, making him roll his eyes but still looked amused. Since the day he had bitten Nabina, the two of them had started to grow close like brother and sister. 

"Derek!" They suddenly heard someone yell, making them look at each other before running out the train. There they saw Scott and Stiles running down the stairs, Scott carrying Erica who was barely moving. "Follow me." Derek immediately said. 

Inside the train, Derek directed a light over Erica's arm while Stiles gently leaned Erica against him, "Is she dying?" He panicked. "She might. Which is why this is going to hurt." Derek said before grabbing her arm in his hands, he presses down on it, breaking it making the three teens cringe as Erica screams in agony. "You broke her arm?!?" 

"It'll trigger the healing process. I still gotta get the venom out- this is where it's really gonna hurt." Derek said before he gripped his hands around her broken arm, digging his claws into her arm. As Erica shrieks, blood infused with the viscous Kanima venom dropped across the floor. Erica collapsed into Stiles' arms. Her eyes blink as she fights to stay conscious while looking up at Stiles. 

Nabina, Scott and Derek walked out of the train, leaving Erica and Stiles there. "You know who it is." Scott said and Derek nodded, "Jackson." He said. "You just wanted Nabina or Erica to confirm it, didn't you?" Scott said and Derek nodded, "You're really bad at paying attention to your surroundings." Nabina said and Scott sighed. 

"I'm gonna help you stop him... as part of your pack." Scott said, making them look at him shocked, "If you want me in, fine. But, we'll do it on one condition- we're gonna catch him, not kill him." He said. Derek looked over at Nabina who shrugged making Derek nod slightly and raised his eyebrows. 

"And?" Derek asked and Scott looked at him, "And we do it my way." Scott said.

🦎

Nabina walked into her house, making her mother look up. "Hey, sweetheart." Saanvi said, making Nabina look over at her as she set her bag out before pausing slightly when she saw Isaac standing next to her mom in the kitchen. "What are you guys doing?" Nabina asked cautiously as she slowly walked over to them.

"I'm teaching Isaac some traditional Nepali foods." Saanvi said and Nabina raised her eyebrows slightly as she glanced around at everything for Dal Bhat, Momos and Chatamari. "Why?" Nabina asked and Isaac shrugged slightly, "I was curious." He asked and she hummed slightly. "Nabina, can you continue with this for me. There's something I need to go check on." Saanvi said before walking away from what she was making.

"Any reason you're specifically teaching him my favorite traditional Nepali foods?" Nabina whispered as she leaned toward her mom and her mother smile at her. "Any good future husband needs to know how to make his future wife's favorite." Saavni said, patting her daughter's shoulder while Nabina's eyes widen.

"Āmā!" Nabina whisper shouted and Saanvi just smiled and walked away. Nabina sighed softly before looking over at Isaac who was already looking at her with a smirk and raised eyebrows.

"Not a word, Lahey. Not a single word."