Billie liked bees.

Billie liked the winter and the summer.

Billie liked watching people smile.

Billie liked trying new foods and trying different cultural foods.

She never used to like most of these things.

She sits on her bench and places her latte in her to-go cup next to her on the bench and slings her backpack off her shoulders. Then, she takes out her pencil, rubber, sharpener and kraft sketchbook.

Billie enjoyed watching people going on runs jog past her on the small path in front of the bench near the flower fields or just have a nice walk with their loved ones.

She would look at people and see many pretty women walk by. She would draw them from her mind and lose herself in the drawing for an hour or so.

It calmed her. She picked drawing up last year.

She would like to say she was good at it now.

Once she finished her latte and daily routine of drawing a few people, she packed her stuff away and made her way down the path. She rarely went this way. She wanted to try something new.

As Billie is admiring the scenery around her, she makes a mental note to go this path more often as it is absolutely stunning. With LA being one of the world's most popular megacities, you don't really get much nature. Like, pure nature on its own with little to no buildings ruining it. It's all buildings, fast food shops, shopping malls, car parks, car garages, important buildings for companies and businesses.

And, while Billie doesn't mind that, she also really enjoys pure mother nature in her purest and most beautiful form of just being.

Billie tried to just be. She tries to exist as much as she can and be as present as much as she can. She wants to make every day in her life count. This new way of thinking had only started when she started going to therapy two years ag—

"Fuck... I'm so sorry."

Billie gasped as she bumped into someone.

"Gah, shit."

Billie whipped her head around so fast. She was too busy looking around.

"Y/N?"

You raised your head and raised your eyebrows.

"Oh shit, Billie? Oh my god."

Billie smiled and felt herself become flustered.

"Hi! I am so sorry—"

"It's fine. Have a nice day."

You instantly began walking away. Your day was already going shit. Quite literally. A bird shat on your shoulder as you were wearing your (quite expensive) new coat.

"I-Wait! Y/N, I'm not... I don't mean any harm. It's been... years since I last saw you. You look stunning—as always."

Billie gently gripped your wrist. You look down at her grip since her hands were so familiar yet so unknown. She noticed you looking at her hand and instantly removed it, adjusting her backpack on her one shoulder and then playing with her bangs a bit.

"I know. And... thanks."

You reply awkwardly. This was the girl who had made you fall in love, made you drop your friends and family, broke your heart, tore it up, stomped on it, spat on it and threw it down a drain.

"I, uh... I would really... I would re—"

You can tell she was really thinking hard about her words. Billie wanted to speak her best for you and be very clear with what she was going to say. You didn't give her time and that was all she needed in this very moment.

Billie kind of developed a small anxiety problem since she was alone constantly. Therefore, she didn't really know how to speak to people without seeming really weird or invading.

"Billie, I've got to go." You shake your head and look around.

"Uh... Just..."

Billie really struggled with her words when it came to her small anxiety problem.

She blinked, "I want to speak with you. About everything and I would really like it if you met me in Danté's Café Tuesday around 11 o'clock in the morning? I'm there every Tuesday so..."

"Uhm... I don't know Billie. Kinda busy that day..." Hm, lie number one.

"You don't, uhm, have to. I just... would really like to talk and explain myself. I need to. You deserve it. And I know you're busy and stuff but it, uh, would really mean a lot to me if you did."

You were sceptical but decided the easiest way out of this was to just say, "Yeah! Okay... sure. Tuesday, 11:00, Dante's Café. You got it."

Billie smiled and you felt warm at that. But how could you? Fuck. Stop. You know who she is and what she did.

"Alright! Well... uh, thank you! Thanks a lot, Y/N. I hope you have an amazing day. See you on Tuesday—I'm looking forward to it!"

Tuesday comes around faster than Billie would have liked. She was anxious about going to the cafe but she knew she had to push herself out of her comfort zone.

She could finally get it off her chest and tell the woman she used to be with why she did the things she did and how she's changed.

Billie shows up to the café at 10:45. She's buzzing with excitement and she had butterflies.

She hasn't been this excited in a while. She hasn't been on a date in a year or more. No... it's not a date. It's not a date. It's not a date.

Billie put some light make up on and dressed her best for you.

She smiled at everyone she saw and spread positivity. Her mood was phenomenal.

"Good morning, darling. Are you ready to order?"

A woman came over and asked softly with a smile. Billie smiled back and shook her head.

"No thank you. Not yet. I'm waiting for my date."

"Of course. Let me know when you're ready."

11:00. You should be here any moment. Billie's tummy was flipping furiously and she felt a bit sick with excitement.

She didn't bring her sketchbook because she thought she'd be with you so it would be a bit rude if her to pull out her sketchbook and ignore you. She left it at home. Just for you.

It had been two hours. Billie finally accepted the idea of you standing her up. She felt so humiliated. Having people look over and talk about her, probably.

The waitress kept making eye contact with Billie in case she was ready to order. It was so embarrassing.

It was too good to be true. How did she not realise?

She went home and cried for 30 minutes before realising how pathetic she was.

Why did you do that to her? She was so excited to talk to you, be in the same area as you and explain herself but you just went and made her feel like crap.

She took her makeup off and that really solidified the idea that you just stood her up.

A/N: waaaaassssuuuupppppp?!!

this short ass short story will contain angst, fluff and possibly smut?? 😏😏 who knows, you and Billie could never speak again—just keep reading to find out!

<3 ymfp toodles