Chapter 2

I can't believe Emmitt-fucking Tyson is back. I thought I've left that part of my life in the past. Honestly, the only time I was planning to meet him was at his funeral.

I hoped I wouldn't have to see him anymore. He ruined me and my past. He's the reason I have a million trust issues. I can't trust people to maintain a healthy relationship with them hence I don't have many friends.

After encountering Emmitt I wasn't in the mood of doing assignments. Turns out the professor felt bad so he decided to extend the deadline for the assignment which meant I didn't have to do the assignment today. To get myself distracted from that asshole I let Jordan set me up on a blind date. Jordan was always eager to set me up with someone but she doesn't have the best taste in men. The only people she would set me up is with people from her BDSM community and they're very peculiar. One of them told me to wear shoes with most of my feet exposed. I decided to wear my knee-high boots to the date and let's just say he didn't like that. I was glad to get rid of him.

I don't know why I signed up for this but anything to get my mind off Emmitt. Given the horrible experiences I had on my past dates, I'm sure she has learned her lesson and has finally decided to set me up with someone decent.

I decided to wear jeans and an off-shoulder top. I had jet-black hair that reached just below my shoulder and I decided to pin it to the side. Jordan walked into the room looking impressed, "How do I look?"

"Good. But you could've gone for something sexier," Jordan said looking at me.

"But the guys you set me up with are weird and I don't want to give them the wrong idea like triggering their fetishes or something."

"Oh no no no. This guy is good. Trust me. I have checked him out and Dominic said he is amazing. We both know him well."

"Really?" I asked quirking an eyebrow. "He won't ask me a picture of my feet. Will he?"

"Oh, Avery!" She sighed frustratingly. "That was ONE time."

"Oh yeah. What about the guy who asked me if I like getting fucked in the a*s on our FIRST date!"

"What's the problem with that? Chris loves an*l sex and he is the best at it. Yes, my roommate is weird. "I am just sad you missed the opportunity."

I grimaced. "Thank god I did," I mumbled under my breath. Now was really rethinking this dating thing. I should have opened tinder instead of letting Jordan set me up.

"Anyways I promise you Noah is perfect. Totally your type"

"I hope so. Or else you're never setting me up on a blind date ever again." I was about to leave but Jordan stopped me. "Wait!"

I turned around to see her running towards her room. After some time she came back carrying a bunch of condoms. "This time I don't want to hear any excuses. And you'll love Noah so there is no chance this wouldn't happen."

"But seriously it's the first date?"

"I thought you are not looking for anything. You just want to have fun for one night. That's what you always say," she took my purse from my hand and shoved a bunch of condoms inside it.

I couldn't argue with that girl anymore so I just quietly left before she decides to hand me one of her toys.

I got to the restaurant and asked for a table reservation under the name 'Noah Wells'. I guess he wasn't here yet as I was a few minutes early so I decided to wait.

After some time Noah was here. He was kinda cute with dark black hair styled to the side and those round glasses. He was wearing a yellow shirt and jeans. I got up to greet him. "Nice to meet you, Avery. I must say you're beautiful." ", I noticed he had a British accent. I thanked him for the compliment and we took a seat.

"So how do you know Dominic and Jordan?" I asked taking a look at the menu. I was famished as I didn't have anything for lunch. I was in a rush so I didn't have any choice but to skip lunch.

"Dominic is my stepbrother," he said. "I hope you like Indian food. I didn't think that through when I made a reservation," he said apologetically.

"Don't be. I actually like Indian food," I said smiling at him. I was glad we ordered immediately or else my stomach would have started grumbling any minute. We ordered some butter chicken, naan, paneer tikka, pulao and some vegetable samosas- for starters. I love how we both loved the same things so ordering wasn't a problem. The food came after a few minutes and so we dug in.

The food was great and so was the company. Noah was funny and he knew how to keep the conversation going. We had some awkward silences here and there but it was filled up with food. Turns out Noah is half British and half Taiwanese. His dad got married to Noah's mom after Dominic's mom died at a very young age. They both grew up in England but Dominic had to move to New Jersey for work so Noah decided to finish his undergrad here after he was done with high school. Turns out we went to the same university and he was doing a major in Microbiology. "What are you majoring in?"

"I'm majoring in Economics."

"Oh great. Which year are you in?"

"I'm in my fourth year. You?"

"I am in my second year. So I'm two years younger than you."

I laughed," Yes. That's something new for me."

"Me too. I haven't dated anyone older than me."

I got around to asking him if he was part of the BDSM community or not. I knew it wasn't something you ask a person on a first date but I had to.

"No. I love Dominic but I'm sorry I am not willing to join that cult." I laughed.

"Are you?" He asked quirking an eyebrow at me.

"Nope," I answered.

"Oh, that's why you're the most normal person my brother has set me up with."

"Wait, Dominic set you up with some of those weirdos from the community as well?"

"Yes. He tries to get me out as I am antisocial and so he sets me up with girls from the cult. Jordan did that to you too?"

"Yes. Many times."

"One of them asked me if I was interested in getting a cock piercing," he said wincing.

"This guy asked me for pictures of my feet." We both laughed and shared our share of stories of horrible dates. Maybe we'll have a second date.

"Hey not all of them are like that though. Some were really nice," I reasoned.

"Really? Dominic set me up with three girls and all of them were quite strange."

I needed to go to the washroom to text Jordan how the date was going really well as I received five texts from Jordan asking me about it. I realized my hair was a frizzy mess as it was quite warm today. I decided to comb it a little.

The men's restroom was opposite the women's one. When I got out at the same time a man got out of the men's restroom. "Avery?"

I look up to see the person calling out my name. I froze in my place. It was the second time in a day I bumped into Emmitt-fucking-Tyson. My day just couldn't get any worse.

"What the fuck are you doing here? Are you stalking me or something?"

"Oh hell no," he sneered. "I have better things to do. Now if you'll excuse me I have a date waiting for me."

"Oh really? Does she know you are a prick?"

"Gee thanks for reminding me, babe. I've to tell her that," he said in a sarcastic tone. I hate to admit but Emmitt was looking really good. He was wearing a black shirt with jeans. His dark hair was disheveled as usual but it suited him so well. His five o'clock shadow was more prominent on that killer jawline.

"Don't forget to tell her you're a fucking liar and not to mention an asshole," I said meeting his eye. Something in him triggered. He didn't take this lightly as before. "Fucking hell Avery- it's not like you-."

"I don't want to listen to you bastard! Stop fo-." The next thing I know he was pulling me inside the men's washroom and closing it behind him. "What the fuck Emmitt-." Those words died on my lips as he kissed me.