Chapter Four: Frustration and Confusion

Songs for this chapter: Figure It Out by Royal Blood(opening scene), Lost Track of Time by MTNS(ending Peter and Cassie scene).

Dedication: EmmaClaraEverdeen: You have commented on each chapter that I have posted so far and your words and support mean the world to me. So thank you, you lovely creature.

**Important updates at the end of the chapter!!**

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

He sits beside me. "So are you ready to believe yet? Are you ready to accept the truth?"

Then I remember what he said to me this morning. That I'm a witch..

"What the hell, why not," I manage a kind of laugh. He smiles and hops up, walks away, and returns a moment later with something in his hand. As he sits down again, I see it's a candle.

"Light it," He tells me, putting the candle in my hand.

I just stare at the candle, then at him, confused.

He chuckles, explaining further. "Close your eyes,"

I do.

"Now concentrate on the candle. Feel how it's connected to you through your hand," This is ridiculous.. " Imagine it lit. Believe that it will light. Deep breaths,"After a minute of breathing, I get frustrated. Sighing, I say, opening my eyes "This isn't working, I don't feel anythi-"

I stop. Seeing the small flame flickering in my hand. Before I could help it, a smile crept onto my face. Looking up, I see Pan holding a knowing grin.

I just lit that.. I did that..

. . . . . . .

The pounding in my head begins to envelop me, making it hard to focus on anything other than my growing irritation.

"You're doubting yourself too much, just concentrate." Peter voices.

He says that like that's not what I'm doing.

"Think of the leaf as a part of you. Imagine it on fire and-"

I huff in frustration, interrupting him, "You've been saying that all afternoon and, guess what? It's not working!"

"Well maybe if you'd listen, and stop questioning yourself, it would work." He counters.

"I wouldn't have to question myself if you would just explain to me why I need to learn magic in the first place, or why you are so hell bent on teaching me. My life was just fine before without it, why out of the blue is this so important to a guy who a week ago, I didn't even know!" I can feel eyes start to shift towards us, but I honestly don't care anymore. It's been four days, and I still don't have an answer as to why I'm here.

Peter shifts his face into that same blank face he gets every time I've brought this up. The one that tells me he's hiding something.

"Ya know what?" I crush the leaf in my hands. "Until I get some answers, I'm done playing this game. I'm not a toy." I turn and walk away, expecting hear some form of protest from Peter, but am surprised when it doesn't come. Thankful for his silence, I head to the one place I knew I'd be left alone for a while. The cliff that Nate showed me.

I wanted to scream. Ever since I got here I've been forced into this life changing situation without any explanation. No one will tell me anything other than the fact that I'm a witch and Peter's teaching me to control my powers. And I'm sick of it. Sick of being treated like I should be happy with this, or grateful to be here, or like I have no right to question why I'm here. I missed my grams and my friends, and- where the hell am I?