Chapter Thirty-One: Secluded Garden [2]

Shiki and Remus, who was currently out the school premises or rather the academy itself and was now at the mall trailing Rei who was sitting on one of the benches scattered, definitely waiting for someone, eagerly.

The red haired girl would oftenly take a mirror out of her purse, just casually fixing her hair and looking at her face wiping it and retouching some of her light make up.

The two was sitting outside of a Cofee Shop. Both was attracting unwanted attention— shiki at most—but Remus gladly scare them off with only a glare. Since they estimated to be here quite longer than expected, Shiki eventually called for a waiter and placed an order for the both of them.

It has already been 15 minutes long since Rei had been in the mall, but the guy who is she supposedly meeting up with still hadn't arrived.

However, she knew the guy she is meeting up is not at fault but rather her. Honestly speaking, since she was so nervous she got in here 30 minutes earlier than planned. She just hope that with her here before him wouldn't gave away that she was looking forward to this date. That'll be too embarrassing.

Meanwhile, the orders of the two had already been served but only shiki started to dig in. With his order, he was quite given some looks from the server; It was a strawberry cake, two bread filled with strawberry jam and a strawberry milkshake. While Remus only had a Iced Americano and a pasta. The waiter even asked if he got Shiki's order correct.

"Hey," Remus called, sipping from the black straw "It's been fifteen minutes, why's her date not here yet? Did he stood her up or what?" He scornfully pointed out.

"Remus, if you don't shut up, I'll gladly do so. That is, if you'd prefer neddles over a clamp."

"........."

As time goes by, Someone finally approaches Rei. They be far from where Rei is currently was but thanks to both' keen vision they can clearly see who it was.

And knowing who it was, gave them quite a shock.

It was a tall man with a deep blue hair color. He was a man with a very familiar back to the two men.

They saw Rei blushed, nodded and shake her head in nervousness. Shiki couldn't help but to be perplexed in this situation, to think Arlo would actually be the guy to invite her sister—at first he thought it was Austin, but thinking about it now, Rei would've plain out rejected him before even speaking a word.

As the two watched them they saw how Arlo looked at Rei, as if telling them that there's already a bit of hint of affection seeping out his sapphire colored eyes.

Shiki turn to Remus and he expected nonetheless. He too was quite shock, but his bitter expression was apparent too. Shiki can see the change in his companion's eyes, as if they were deeply hurt.

Of course, Shiki knew the boy's affection towards Arlo, and the fact that he just witnessed the person he likes looking at his childhood friend with a potential affection in his eyes, was perhaps a total hit on him.

A boy liking another boy is quite a taboo even in this world, you'll get discriminated even worst that what is was on earth for every person in here has a reputation to maintain. Such as Remus who was already a Son of an influential person, showing his affection publicly will ruin not only him but his relationship to his family's business. Rei However, can show her affection publicly to the person she likes without being discriminated.

When he knew that both of them likes the same person, Remus already affirmed that he was at the losing stage and Rei would the attaining the thing which had became far off of his reach.