Chapter twenty two

The next day Omega woke up bright and early, much to Riley's pleasure. The young girl was so excited that she hardly even slept! She had been talking all night, asking Riley what she was planning on doing and just random questions about random topics.

She sort of reminded Riley of Tech when he was her age. He'd always ask her questions about things he wanted to know—he'd do further research on the topic after she answered, just to double check of course. Once, when he and Riley were the first ones awake that morning, he had asked where babies came from—natural babies—and Riley had to explain to him the whole process while she was dying on the inside.

Omega sat up on Riley's bed, looking around the room with wonder. Her brothers had slept in the guest room while she slept in Riley's room with her. Omega's eyes landed on an old photo sitting on Riley's desk. Curious, Omega quietly got out of bed and made her way over to the desk. She picked up the photo and smiled when she realized that the four young boys were Hunter, Tech, Wrecker, and Crosshair.

They were all huddled around an older man—maybe a clone?—with bright smiles on their faces. The older man was in the center, behind the boys. Hunter was in front of him, with Tech and Crosshair on either side of him and Wrecker in the back with an arm around the elder. The boys were all in cadet uniforms, and the man seemed to be wearing something that resembled blacks, only they were white. 'Maybe a maintenance uniform?' She thought.

"'Mega? Whatcha lookin' at, kiddo?" Omega turned around to see Riley sitting up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "I-I um, I was looking at this picture...I'm sorry if I wasn't supposed to." Omega confessed sheepishly. Riley gestured for Omega to come closer and she complied, walking to the edge of the bed and handing Riley the photo.

Riley smiled when she seen it, and scooted over a bit so that Omega could lay next to her. After Omega was wrapped under the covers Riley spoke, "Do you know who they are?" Omega pointed to the four boys, "I know who they are. But who's the old guy?"

Riley hummed and looked at the old clone. "His name is 99. He's a clone, he was 'defective' like the boys so the Kaminoans made him a maintenance worker. He was a sweet guy, loved his younger brothers to bits."

"'Was?'"

Riley sighed, "He...died a couple years ago. I was contacted and informed by the Kaminoans shortly after he passed. The boys loved him a lot, and I guess they call themselves Clone Force 99 in honor of him." Omega nodded and nuzzled into Riley's side. "That's nice of the Kaminoans to let you know."

Riley chuckled, "Pretty sure someone talked them into doing it." She said dryly. Omega made a small 'oh' noise and nodded. Riley looked at the picture for another moment before grabbing Omega and tossing her onto the other side of the bed and threw a pillow at her. Before Omega could react, Riley jumped out of bed and ran out of the room, laughing the whole way.

As Riley ran out into the living room she seen her 5 boys all sitting on the couch with Jido. They were all watching some sort of kids show on the holonet. Riley seen her sister standing at the door way watching them, Anna with a cam in her hand.

As Riley approached them she seen that Anna was recording the boys. "How long have they been watching this?" Riley raised an eyebrow and looked back at the couch. Mandy shrugged, "Probably almost an hour. We came out and they were just huddled on the couch bored so we told them to watch something."

"This is apparently all they could find." Anna added. Riley chuckled and leaned against the doorframe. She laughed when she seen Omega forget all about her when she seen the cartoon.