Tryouts

"Ready?"

"Okay!"

"I wanna hear you say go, go! That's right! I wanna hear you say fight, fight! All right! I wanna hear you say win, win! Tonight! Angel Grove Junior High go, fight, win!"

"Win!"

Zoey winced as she and Jenna stood to the side watch the Junior High girls practicing before the cheer tryouts. "She lacks confidence."

"Yep." Jenna said, nodding in agreement as they saw Kim's cousin, Kelly, get frustrated and walk over to where Kim and Tommy were standing.

"Should we go over there?"

"What's the point?" Jenna shrugged as Kim started showing Kelly the cheer again, "There's nothing we can do about it. She's good. She's just gotta get out of her head. Wanna do some tumbling passes?"

"Could do with the practice before our tryouts later. Let's go."

1-2-3-4-5

"Mitzy is so mad." Zoey giggled, taking a drink of her water, "I cannot believe she thought that dance was going to get her and her girls onto the squad. They have no rhythm, they kept bumping into each other and their fumbling little tumbling passes knocked the smoothies out of Ernie's hands and all over the team's coach."

Jenna laughed, "Man, talk about spastic. What were Vivi and Kiki doing?"

"It looked like a cross between Disco and the Robot." The shared a looked, "It was like watching Barney and his dinosaur friends dancing around."

"Creepy." Zoey looked across the room as Tommy and Kim rushed in to talk to Zack, Trini and Billy at the bar, "What do you think that's about?"

"I'm not sure. Didn't they leave to follow Kelly?"

"Yeah. Maybe something happened. You know, something Rainbow related."

"They'll save her."

1-2-3-4-5

"Congratulations, you two." Kelly smiled as she walked over to the group, "You were awesome out there."

"Thanks, Kelly." Zoey smiled back, happy that they made the team, "Good luck, today."

"Well, well. Looks like the Wonder Tots made it to tryouts after all." Bulk sneer as he came over with Skull, "Too bad you brats won't make the team."

"Yeah. Too bad." Skull parroted.

"We made the team, you goons." Jenna rolled her eyes as Zoey snickered.

"Why don't you guys go pick on somebody with your own I.Q.?" Kelly snarked, shaking her head at the two bullies.

Kim pointed to the exit, "Yeah, I think the zoo might be down the street."

"You think you're so smart, huh?" Bulk taunted, "I'll bet you can't do this." He raised his arms and started mocking the cheerleaders, "Read? Okay! Bulky, Bulky, he's your man. If he can't do it, no one can. He's gorgeous, he hunky, he's f-u-n-n..." he turned and bent over, splitting his pants.

The entire room busted out laughing, "And nobody could put Bulky together again." Kim giggled as Skull took his hat off to cover his friend's backside.

"Wow." Zoey stared as they shuffled out.

"All right, Kelly, you're up next." The coach called out, clearing the floor.

They watched as Kelly did her dance routine, more confident than before, "That's more like it." Jenna nodded to the beat.

"Oh, yeah." Zoey looked over, "I give it a year."

"You think?"

"She wants to be like her big cousin, but it won't last. Tell you the truth, I think she's more comfortable with sports."